Thread: post rules?

post rules?

I dont know if this has been asked yet but since we have been able o upload video files has this changed the size of pic that we are allowed to post aswell. can we now post 2mb pics or is it still 488.2kb
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    I dont know if this has been asked yet but since we have been able o upload video files has this changed the size of pic that we are allowed to post aswell. can we now post 2mb pics or is it still 488.2kb
    It has been asnwered already in another thread, but to confirm pictures are still 488Lb, only videos are wllowed to be 2Mb
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

but why?
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    but why?
    ah, well it was a compromise I proposed.
    If we take all the images up to bigger size then the traffic through UCP servers will go up 4-fold and that would need re-scaling of servers, disc-arrays and communications. Could be expensive for little benefit - we're getting pretty good images already at 488Kb.

Originally i suggested keeping videos at the same size as pictures and the same attachment scheme. It was an effort to minimise change in the UCP structure and operational scaling. Most common video editor is Windows MovieMaker and there is a bug/feature which means you can't make the most common format any smaller than 2Mb !! So, it was suggested that mostly single videos would be getting posted and that one video would replace 4 picture attachments so 2Mb for video was actually no major change in potential throughput. However, it turned out NOT easy to make it one video or 4 pictures, so Wouter was happy to go with what we now have and monitor the performance and impact.

It seems ty be working out OK, what do you think ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Ok thanks Peter i was just conforming it beause i am now going to have to re-size some o fmy pics
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Thread Information