Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last minute Koenigsegg, Lamborghini and Porsche news from Geneva ...

Last minute Koenigsegg, Lamborghini and Porsche news from Geneva ...

On the eve of the 80th annual Geneva Motorshow, Koenigsegg have released the full details of the new Agera. Intended as an extension of the range, the Agera's introduction coincides with the 15th anniversary of Koenigsegg. Much of the mechanical package of the CCX and CCXR has been retained but the engine has been further improved to produce a staggering 910 bhp and 1100 Nm of torque. The styling is still very familiar but the many detail changes have given the original Koenigsegg design a new lease of life. The car at Geneva is a pre-production prototype and will be tested extensively in the coming months. The final production version of the Agera is expected to be launched before the end of the year.
    Lamborghini will extend the current Gallardo range with a Superleggera version. As the name suggests, it is a lighter (70 kg or 154 lb to be exact) and more poised version of the V10-engined model. Compared to the 'standard' model, it also sports a slightly more powerful version of the direct-injection ten cylinder. It is capable of a 325 km/h (202 mph) top speed and the sprint to 100 km/h (96 mph) takes just 3.4 seconds. In this case faster also means greener; the Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera's CO2 emissions have been reduced by 20% compared to its predecessor.
    One of the big surprises of this year's Geneva show must surely be the Porsche 918 Spyder. We believe the name is a reference to the hugely successful 718 RS Spyder racing cars of the 1950s and '60s but the new concept car's technology is cutting edge. The aggressively styled roadster features a mid-mounted V8 engine and three electric motors. The potent yet green drivetrain emits just 70 gram CO2 per kilometre and it uses just 3 litre per 100 kilometre (94 mpg).
    We will be on the show-floor from tomorrow morning and will take a very close look at all the exciting new machines for you.

Enjoy the links:

2010 Koenigsegg Agera - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Porsche 918 Spyder Concept - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I find the Porsche to be the most interesting of these cars. I know it's only a concept but surely if it goes into production they're not seriously going to continue with this hybrid nonsense are they?

Quote Originally Posted by VOGUE_MAN View Post
    I find the Porsche to be the most interesting of these cars. I know it's only a concept but surely if it goes into production they're not seriously going to continue with this hybrid nonsense are they?
    That is most likely the ONLY thing they will take away from that concept. It is well known now that Porsche is taking serious steps towards integrating hybrid and other environmentally friendly measures in its productions cars in the near future.

I'm all for it.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    That is most likely the ONLY thing they will take away from that concept. It is well known now that Porsche is taking serious steps towards integrating hybrid and other environmentally friendly measures in its productions cars in the near future.

I'm all for it.
    The only thing that I hate more than a hybrid car is a hybrid supercar. I mean, what percentage of cars on the road right now are supercars? 0.01%, maybe? And how much do their owners actually drive them? Maybe twice a week to the country club? So why does it matter if they average 15mpg instead of 10? If you want to feel like you're saving the world then buy a Prius or a little TDI. But I want my supercar to be a supercar and I want it to kill a dozen trees in a distant third world country when I stomp my foot on the gas pedal once a month (prompting an entire engine rebuild). I'll save the world by biking to work (as I would never own a Prius).

But visually I think that the new Porsche is absolutely stunning. All it needs is a set of those RS Spyder-inspired wheels (from the new Turbo S) and an oldschool tree-killin' all-gas engine!

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Agera was (twin) twincharged. Is this in any way correct?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Agera was (twin) twincharged. Is this in any way correct?
    God, I hope so! How much more repulsively escessive could you get than that? The UCP page for it just says "Twin Turbo" but that might be because there isn't any more specific information.
    Last edited by demonrunning07; 03-01-2010 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    The Zenvo is. I thought though, that Koenigsegg's V8 was twin supercharged? Maybe they've changed it for more efficiency or something.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    Quote Originally Posted by demonrunning07 View Post
    The only thing that I hate more than a hybrid car is a hybrid supercar. I mean, what percentage of cars on the road right now are supercars? 0.01%, maybe? And how much do their owners actually drive them? Maybe twice a week to the country club? So why does it matter if they average 15mpg instead of 10? If you want to feel like you're saving the world then buy a Prius or a little TDI. But I want my supercar to be a supercar and I want it to kill a dozen trees in a distant third world country when I stomp my foot on the gas pedal once a month (prompting an entire engine rebuild). I'll save the world by biking to work (as I would never own a Prius).

But visually I think that the new Porsche is absolutely stunning. All it needs is a set of those RS Spyder-inspired wheels (from the new Turbo S) and an oldschool tree-killin' all-gas engine!

Wholeheartedly seconded.
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

Here we go, this is where I saw it.
    They might just be using antiquated terminology? I remember superchargers being called turbosuperchargers on warplanes back in the day.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

the only thing that i hate more than a hybrid car is a hybrid supercar. I mean, what percentage of cars on the road right now are supercars? 0.01%, maybe? And how much do their owners actually drive them? Maybe twice a week to the country club? So why does it matter if they average 15mpg instead of 10? If you want to feel like you're saving the world then buy a prius or a little tdi. But i want my supercar to be a supercar and i want it to kill a dozen trees in a distant third world country when i stomp my foot on the gas pedal once a month (prompting an entire engine rebuild). I'll save the world by biking to work (as i would never own a prius).

But visually i think that the new porsche is absolutely stunning. All it needs is a set of those rs spyder-inspired wheels (from the new turbo s) and an oldschool tree-killin' all-gas engine!
    + 10000000

I think it's the terminology thing. In the first page of the PDF they mention it has a twin turbo engine. And if it had a turbocharger and a supercharger they'd probably one to advertise it a lot, not just a little confusion in the technical specifications.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thats your opinion. and driving a polluting cars doesn't kill trees in a third world country... it doesn't kill tress anywhere actually.

But its not like every production car Porsche makes from now on will be a hybrid. Relax. Besides, if they can make a decent system, and sell the tech to some other company that will make extra $$ For Porsche to continue making fabulous super cars.

Think cayenne. Sure its a SUV, but it made and still makes Porsche a lot of money! Small price to pay...
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    Thats your opinion. and driving a polluting cars doesn't kill trees in a third world country... it doesn't kill tress anywhere actually.

But its not like every production car Porsche makes from now on will be a hybrid. Relax. Besides, if they can make a decent system, and sell the tech to some other company that will make extra $$ For Porsche to continue making fabulous super cars.

Think cayenne. Sure its a SUV, but it made and still makes Porsche a lot of money! Small price to pay...
    It's a good enthusiast opinion.

First time I ever heard a porsche SUV called a small price to pay. Occasionally a necessary evil. More often the end of the world. Once a good thing (NicfromLA). Never a small price to pay.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    It's a good enthusiast opinion.

First time I ever heard a porsche SUV called a small price to pay. Occasionally a necessary evil. More often the end of the world. Once a good thing (NicfromLA). Never a small price to pay.
    I meant small price to pay referring to all the enthusiasts who say Porsche's reputation as PURE sports car maker was tarnished. It maybe be true, but it prevented it from becoming a branch of some larger company such as Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce or Bugatti did.

I know that now they may be taken over by VW but at certain point, Porsche financial position was such, that they were the ones considering taking over VW.

Also, without the cayenne they might never have had to money to finish the Carrera GT... and THAT is what i call a small price to pay
    GO HABS GO!

Not may be taken over, they already have. Altough that's got nothing to do with the Cayenne.

The problem with the Cayenne is that it is an SUV. If it had been then Panamera it wouldn't have been so bad.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information