Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Last minute Koenigsegg, Lamborghini and Porsche news from Geneva ...

I think VW still doesn't have majority control of Porsche, I think they are sitting at 49.9% ownership right now and are waiting for some reason before they go over 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I think VW still doesn't have majority control of Porsche, I think they are sitting at 49.9% ownership right now and are waiting for some reason before they go over 50%.
    49.9% can be controlling interest; assuming that the remaining 50.1% is split between multiple shareholders (which would be the care in almost any public company).

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Not may be taken over, they already have. Altough that's got nothing to do with the Cayenne.

The problem with the Cayenne is that it is an SUV. If it had been then Panamera it wouldn't have been so bad.
    It's not just an SUV, though. It tends to represent everything that's wrong with SUVs. It weighs way too much, it has no utility, it tries to be both an offroader and a sports car and fails at both, it costs ridiculous amounts of money and is bought mostly as a show piece. And all this comes from what was supposed to be a sports car company.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    It's not just an SUV, though. It tends to represent everything that's wrong with SUVs. It weighs way too much, it has no utility, it tries to be both an offroader and a sports car and fails at both, it costs ridiculous amounts of money and is bought mostly as a show piece. And all this comes from what was supposed to be a sports car company.
    Except for the last bit, isn't that what alll SUVs do?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    So? does being a sports car company mean you have limited means of making money?i couldn't care less if they made tractors and toasters, as long their sports cars were good.

I mean, i wish TVR or detomaso or had made one so that they'd still be around today!!
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    So? does being a sports car company mean you have limited means of making money?i couldn't care less if they made tractors and toasters, as long their sports cars were good.

I mean, i wish TVR or detomaso or had made one so that they'd still be around today!!
    You make some good points, I feel ya. I guess it's just that I don't get the point of an "eco-friendly" supercar. But if they can make money off of it (and then use that money to make more awesome cars!) then I guess it makes sense for them.

Quote Originally Posted by demonrunning07 View Post
    You make some good points, I feel ya. I guess it's just that I don't get the point of an "eco-friendly" supercar. But if they can make money off of it (and then use that money to make more awesome cars!) then I guess it makes sense for them.
    I believe the upcoming emission regulations demand the manufacturers to lower emissions across the board. So for supercar builders to continue with high performance cars they have to have 'green' cars to balance them out. Hence the hybrid Porsches and Aston Martin's Cygnet. It seems they simply have no choice.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Cygnet's is Aston's Cayenne too apparently according to Aston's CEO. And it will cost 50.000€ or soemthing. For a riced iQ...
    Visca Catalunya!

I couldn't understand the Cygnet either. Do they really expect people to buy it or are they just "producing" it to balance out their emissions?

Quote Originally Posted by demonrunning07 View Post
    I couldn't understand the Cygnet either. Do they really expect people to buy it or are they just "producing" it to balance out their emissions?
    I actually think it is a pretty smart move. People will buy it. Especially in big European cities like London and Paris it makes a lot of sense. It is much more practical than Aston's conventional cars but is nevertheless equally exclusive.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

They will buy it, that's for sure. But what's the point of having a 50 grand iQ?

At least the Cayenne wasn't simply a Volkswagen with different bumpers and lights...
    Visca Catalunya!

They will buy it, that's for sure. But what's the point of having a 50 grand iQ?

At least the Cayenne wasn't simply a Volkswagen with different bumpers and lights...
    Because when you have a 50 grand IQ, you obtain the right to put on a famous bumper sticker: My other car is an Aston Martin....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

As far as I could understand you won't be required to have another Aston to buy it.
    Visca Catalunya!

As far as I could understand you won't be required to have another Aston to buy it.
    my understanding is that only Aston owners can buy one (and give it to their daughters)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It's point is to act like a set of luggage or an expensive pen to an Aston Purchaser - as an Accessory. As a standalone vehicle it's ridiculous, but when thought of as a Tender to your Aston Martin Speedboat, it makes more sense.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information