Thread: Laptop remodel?

Laptop remodel?

Here is the deal:

I have a 4 year old Dell Inspiron E1405 that is used mostly for school related work and some presentations. The thing is loaded with goodies from the factory and I've recently upgraded the RAM and installed a 64 bit version of Window 7 Professional. However, over the last 4+ years it has been in and out of backpacks, my backseat, trunk, and on more than one occasion dropped down the stairs. Basically its been beaten up more than Quiggs mother.

Due to the beatings the lid/cover thing has been scratched all to hell, and since I use it to give some presentations it has no professional appeal at all.

Now I know they make those mad tyte skinz you can buy from Dell.com and slap on the cover, but I want to do something different. Something original. I'm thinking maybe a CF vinyl wrap, or flat black. There is also a small dell logo in the center that would look terrible if a wrap were just placed over it. So something epic needs to go over this as well.

Ideas?

Picture for reference:

Note: Not my actual laptop.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

DS skins, iPod skins, laptop skins, iPhone skins | Skins4things

Expanding mates son's business to address this emerging market with a few smart(er) ideas. You'll find someon local who can do it cheap no doubt.
    Just get them to use quality vinyl and 2 layer with a clear top coat to keep it scuff-free.

We migth offer a UCP logo and car pic if mate buys in and WOuter woudl be amenable to a business approach

PS: Decent vinyl printer will cut the Dell logo hole for you too
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

You could try something like this.

Restore a Scratched-Up iPhone with Sandpaper - Repair - Lifehacker

Long story short- use a 3M headlight refinisher to sand the crap out of it to get the scratches out. Then buff and repeat until you're happy with it.

Take a look at the link.

I would say stick a BMW roundel over the recessed Dell logo, but you'd look like an idiot.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Duct tape. Nothing says style like some Idaho Chrome. Or you could go with one of the newfangled colors. Use camoflage and no one could see it. It would be like your presentations are coming out of thin air. Plus if you drop the laptop and it shatters, it's pre-fixed. You may not even notice. Just posting a couple pics for ideas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

It's sad that I actually know someone who made a tux out of duct tape. Then wore it to prom.

Good stuff guys.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    you can also check out skinit.com one of my friends got a skin thats sounds like something ur lookin for. jst my two cents.
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

Thread Information