Thread: Internship Searching

Internship Searching

I am a senior in college less than one month from graduation but, in order to graduate I need to complete an internship. As I am a photojournalism major I would like to work for a newspaper or magazine. I have applied to various newspapers and haven't heard back or been turned down.

Now my love of cars has led me to want to get into working for a car publication or something along those lines. After visiting some sites I have been unable to find their "apply for jobs" page. Any suggestions? Or also if anyone knows of any race tracks or ways to apply for internships/jobs with like F1 (I know it's a long shot but you never know if you don't try) could you help me out?

I'm sorry if this is considered spam but I thought it was worth while.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    I am a senior in college less than one month from graduation but, in order to graduate I need to complete an internship. As I am a photojournalism major I would like to work for a newspaper or magazine. I have applied to various newspapers and haven't heard back or been turned down.
    Firstly, how do you get a month from graduation and not know that you have to complete a mandatory internship? You either need to kick yourself or your adviser is the balls.

If you have a legitimate reason you may want to talk to your dean or college governing council and ask for an excemption. Although in my experience exception to the rules are extremely hard to come by, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Now my love of cars has led me to want to get into working for a car publication or something along those lines. After visiting some sites I have been unable to find their "apply for jobs" page. Any suggestions? Or also if anyone knows of any race tracks or ways to apply for internships/jobs with like F1 (I know it's a long shot but you never know if you don't try) could you help me out?
    Do you have a department that specializes in internships and co-ops or career placement? If you do that would be good place to start as they probably have a list of available positions as well as past employers who heavily hire from your college. As well, someone there may have direct contact to HR at a company you are interested in (non F1 companies that is).
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."

Just in case (if someone is also interested in freelance automotive photojournalism): I was an intern at Embarcadero Media in Pato Alto last year. They offer a paid internship (the position opens every year for photojournalism students). I just came across this topic to domyhomework program for the car photo project and found more options on automotive photojournalism (you will need a bachelor’s degree in photography or photojournalism). I'm planning to apply for a SmokedRubber position now.

Thread Information