Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hyundai Tiburon/Tuscani/Turbulence Coupe

I think it's a pretty good-looking car car overall, just not a huge fan of the front bumper. The first generation was by far my favorite. Quite an agressive looking car, as much as it pains me to admit it.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    These cars are, just, fantastic. I always liked Hyundia's Tiburon.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I think they're interesting little cars. The first Hyundai I really took seriously. I think that visually they're very well done. A little underrated on HP though for a V6.

Now that the Genesis exists, it relieves some of the pressure, but considering the Tiburon at one time was the top of the line GT for Hyundai, 173 was a bit underwhelming.

I think the Mitsubishi FTO is a pretty comparable car, similar weight, front wheel drive, but the top of the line V6 FTO is a more reasonable 200hp. Furthermore, it's not the top of the line for Mitsubishi.

So now, with the genesis, I think the Tiburon has a sufficient niche to occupy.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

To Sledgehammer:

The Genesis Coupe shows as well as the modern Tiburon that Korean car companies can design unique styles without copying those of already established brands.

I like it. Best fitted with Rhys Millen RM460 kit, preferably with the Concept car body (although I think the hood is a little too much of racingstyle), white front reflectors in the headlights, 19" rims...

Well, I usually don't like the idea of ricing cars no matter where they are from.
    But the Hyundai Coupes are very famous in the tuner-scene since they hit the market. As long as you don't put a cupboard rearwing or a widebody that destroys the typical bodylines of the car on it, aftermarket designs can be pretty awesome.

To cut a long story short: Hyundai did a great job with designing the Genisis Coupe. I only don't like the fact that the frontend looks like it wants to be as much set backwards as it is possible.

By the way: Did you move the thread into the Hi-res section?
    Last edited by Yeahone; 04-12-2010 at 08:16 AM.

Made some changes in my first posts of this thread. Added and rearranged some of the pictures from yesterday to get a better structured presentation and level up quality of the first page.

(I made sure no image is missing)

Found some more GK-shots. A few official and 2 showing details of the body.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Yeahone; 04-12-2010 at 08:07 AM.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    But since Hyundia doesn't make the Tiburon anymore, it'll be a valuable collectors car someday. Right? And also, how come they didn't make a a convertible version? It be kinda of neat. Maybe they'll make a Genesis convertible?
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Hyundai still produces the Coupe.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Found two more in action

@ cargirl1990:
    In 2004 they showed a concept car called "Hyundai Tiburon CCS Unique Sliding Glass Convertible Concept" at the Melbourne autoshow.
    As you can expect from the name it was the type of movable hardtop with a glass-top, similar to the VW Eos but with 3 instead of 4 panels.
    I guess it simply was too expensive to get into production, like many other concept cars destiny unfortunately is...

@ Ferrer:
    I don't think so. The GK F/L2 production stopped in 2009 (didn't you read what I wrote in post #9 of this thread?) I also read somewhere Hyundai already confirmed that there will be a successor of the Tiburon. What we only can guess it it will share the same name(s)...
    Last edited by Yeahone; 04-13-2010 at 02:40 AM.

Some more for you, cargirl1990

I know its just a concept car but most of this images are at desirable res and thats better than nothing, isn't it?

Well, at least they still sell it here. Maybe they are finishing off stocks.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

That's what I believe too, Ferrer

Wow, the convertible's got to be quite rare.

Very rare, NSXType-R

As I wrote in post #23 and #24 it is just a concept car

Found one last set of my favourite (GK F/L), pretty hard to get these in acceptable res and without watermarks!

Just dreaming:
    I like to have one of these with the interior, taillights, rearbumper and endpipes of the GK F/L2, small rearspoiler, sunroof, leahther-seats aluminium pedals, additional gauges, painted in this kind of amber-gold metallic paint with the Tuscani-badges shown in post #3 in the last pic and the rims of the limited TSIII... I believe it would look awesome

also glad to have now reached 100 attached Hi-res pics in this thread and again thanks to the one who placed it in the Hideout and everyone who posted in here, too
    Last edited by Yeahone; 04-27-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Thread Information