Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cutting Down on Ferrari's Title Sponsor

I'm surprised so many here on UCP smoke.

I didn't think UCP were the sort to smoke.

Rocke often smokes "tobacco" in his "cigarettes".
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Rocke often smokes "tobacco" in his "cigarettes".
    "Often" leaves too much room...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thank you all for the kind responses. I know it was quite the random post but I just felt like writing about it. I told my partner that I was going to taper down on the smoking and she went out to buy a monthly calendar to put on our refrigerator so I could mark x’s on it each day. Funny thing is that she smokes too (not much at all) and she’ll be quitting with me.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    if you've ever done a post mortem on a smoker. never seen so many classmates quit all at once
    I don’t think I have the stomach for that.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    There always hangs a foul smell around a smoker. That should be sufficient reason for everybody to stop.
    I picked up a jacket that I haven’t worn in a few weeks and you could really get the foul smell.

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    How did you smoke only 2-5 cigs a week? That's not moderate, that's hardly smoking.
    I was doing 2-5 a week prior to my February binge. It’s been at least 2-4 times a day since, I should have specified “aggressive” habit. I had been doing 2-5 a week for at least a year. Sometimes I’d go a week or two without any. Guess I could go without that nicotine high for quite some time; not saying that I’m special or anything but then I could just really control when I wanted one. That’s why I said that I really didn’t think I had an addiction until more recently.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post

I don’t think I have the stomach for that.

it'd be well worth it
    best motivation is seeing and feeling the effects right in front of you.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Why did you start smoking LT?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Why did you start smoking LT?
    Originally, it was just something to do when I was with a bunch of friends. Everyone sitting outside, smoking, and telling stories and having a good time. I honestly never minded the smell or taste or any of that stuff that make people hate smokers; I just did it to have a good time. Then, I did it to deal with stress and to take a break from all-night studying.

Funny thing is that she smokes too (not much at all) and she’ll be quitting with me.
    plus: You can support each other in the difficult parts.

BUT, dont' invite me round on the days when you're BOTH in the craving, sheez your house is gonna be HELL

So, remember that you'll be bitchier with each other and each expecting/needing support from the other possibly at times when the other's not in the mood for it themself.

Gonna be difficult if you still are in the same social circles and the peer pressure and "fit in" smoking. ( Peer pressure not as in folks making you , but just in the human need to be part of the group )

Trick way out of avoiding smoking in the group is to think of the cars they drive. You'd not want to be seen driving the crappiest cars, so no need to copy them in smoking
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Good luck with that! How is it going?

Best of luck to you sir. I had a similar smoking habit once upon a time, about 3-4 years ago I would socially smoke with my friends and when we partied. But then my current girlfriend asked that I quit before I got into it too much more and I am glad she did. I had no problem quitting since I did so infrequently but if I hadn't I am sure it would have blossomed into something bad.

In case of strong addictions, couples are generallyseparated so to avoid the withdrawal of one of the two becoming a complete failure. Given you're both "light" smoker (if such things exist, after all you have to start from somewhere), this time could be the right one for both of you.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    but just in the human need to be part of the group
    I think that’s what will be hard for me when we get out and see people. Like you said no one’s pressuring me to smoke but you just have that urge to because you’re so used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati25 View Post
    Good luck with that! How is it going?
    Wanting a cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Best of luck to you sir. I had a similar smoking habit once upon a time, about 3-4 years ago I would socially smoke with my friends and when we partied. But then my current girlfriend asked that I quit before I got into it too much more and I am glad she did. I had no problem quitting since I did so infrequently but if I hadn't I am sure it would have blossomed into something bad.
    That’s what I’m hoping it will be like for me. Two days down and I really feel like having one but it hasn’t been excruciating; feeling similar like the urge to have sex when no one is around… I can hold out.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    In case of strong addictions, couples are generallyseparated so to avoid the withdrawal of one of the two becoming a complete failure. Given you're both "light" smoker (if such things exist, after all you have to start from somewhere), this time could be the right one for both of you.
    I’m thinking it’s not a big deal for her; she’s yet to express any discomfort… or maybe I’m a sissy. She’s just going along with me for support. It would be pretty cruel to smoke and live together when I’m trying to quit.

Re: Cutting Down on Ferrari's Title Sponsor

You can't quit. You think you will but you won't do it.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    You can't quit. You think you will but you won't do it.
    pussy.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Two days down and I really feel like having one but it hasn’t been excruciating; feeling similar like the urge to have sex when no one is around… I can hold out.
    You are the master of your domain.

Seriously, good on both of you. I've been trying to kick for the past 6 months, the only serious attempt in 30+ years of smoking.
    I figure the options are limited if not successful.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Thread Information