Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche GT2 RS

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Theres more than just the weight of the badge to take into account - That car had a stripped interior, very thin looking carpet, full cage, race seats.. etc. Looked very impressive.
    Mayhaps some sort of GT3 RS parts bin raiding occured..?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by VOGUE_MAN View Post
    Befitting its hallowed two-letter suffix, the GT2 RS is said to be around 90kg lighter than the stocker
    Pretty impressive, thats almost 200 lbs, and the gt2 is pretty stripped out itself

Giz keys. Giz drive.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Now that one is definitvely going on my "want"-list. I'm just curious if it will be as fast as the 993 GT2 which was a monster on the track and on the drag strip. 11.1 seconds isn't bad for a production car, especially if it's more than 10 years old. Miss the old air-cooled Porsches. It makes me happy, though, that Porsche has stripped it out and made it as light as possible. The current Turbo is simply too fat.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Porsche can be crticised for many things, but at least they still know how to make proper sportscars.

2011 Porsche 911 GT2 RS: New Photos Surfaces Online - Carscoop
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Porsche can be crticised for many things, but at least they still know how to make proper sportscars.

Shouldn't we wait not only for some official data but also at least for some sort of actual test?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Shouldn't we wait not only for some official data but also at least for some sort of actual test?
    Not interested in any of this, and I do think that Nurburgring is a grossly overrated way of judging sportscars.

In the link there's all the info I needed to judge it.

What am I refering to?
    Visca Catalunya!

No car with the engine hanging over the arse end of the rear axle is a 'proper sportscar'.

I do think that Nurburgring is a grossly overrated way of judging sportscars.
    Except, the more you drive it the more you realise how good it REALLy is for evaluating cars and car setup
    Blame the journo/mag doing it for you, not the process
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'm sure it's an excellent test track, and I'd like to try it out and I'm sure I'd love it.

But this Nurburgring obssession by journalists and manufacturers is a bit ridiculous.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm sure it's an excellent test track, and I'd like to try it out and I'm sure I'd love it.

But this Nurburgring obssession by journalists and manufacturers is a bit ridiculous.
    What would you offer as an alternative benchmark?

Do we actually need a benchmark?

Bearing in mind we are speaking about road cars here a lap time is a bit pointless to judge them in my opinion. First of all we are never going to take them to that level of performance in the open road, partly because most of us don't have the talent and partly because it'd be planin dangerous.

But secondly, a lap time isn't telling me how a car feels. And that to me is the most important thing when judging a road car, ultimately.
    Visca Catalunya!

Not interested in any of this, and I do think that Nurburgring is a grossly overrated way of judging sportscars.
    Didn't remember I wrote Nurburgring in the last month I think.

In the link there's all the info I needed to judge it.
    Except everything is yet to be confirmed

What am I refering to?
    Weight I assume, regardless, what they seem to have done is nothing short of any tuner, so I'm not going to say that Porsche knows how to do something just because someone has yet to leave the company to found (another) tuning company for 911s and then Cayennes once they'd need more money.

Saving 100 kg removing everything from the interior is something the guy did to Brendon's Civic and CRX, we could do that both if we want. That's not making a proper supercar, that's doing the easiest thing.
    Nothing bad in that, don't get me wrong, but it's nothing special and many companies should do more, 599 GTO included.

It appears many dealers and investors are slightly pissed at Ferrari for the "low" price of the 599 GTO. It's extremely expensive, but as they already sold them all and some other people are waiting for any left car to appear, the price could have been even higher.
    Perhaps that would have convinced them to do something more to save actual weight, something only someone named Ferrari (or Porsche) could do.

End of the Italian rant.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

No Damiano, what I needed to know it's in the pictures.

Are you there yet?
    Visca Catalunya!

Do we actually need a benchmark?

Bearing in mind we are speaking about road cars here a lap time is a bit pointless to judge them in my opinion. First of all we are never going to take them to that level of performance in the open road, partly because most of us don't have the talent and partly because it'd be planin dangerous.

But secondly, a lap time isn't telling me how a car feels. And that to me is the most important thing when judging a road car, ultimately.
    Well, in terms of 'needs' we don't 'need' sportscars at all...just basic transportation.

But as car enthusiasts we like to see the extremes and to know that a car will perform compared to it's competitors....and we especially expect it from companies with a racing heritage.

Thread Information