Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top Gear returns and Fifth Gear back from the dead

I agree mostly. The Robin segment was absolutely moronic and I loved it, whereas the SIARPC was quite boring. I don't know if it's because I don't think of Top Gear as much as a factual car show as much as automotive entertainment these days, but the Conti segment seemed forced and, even for a TG review, said little. I think James segment could have been extended if only for the many great opportunities for great photography more than interesting content.
    Hammond "retiring" the Lisetti was pretty banal, and it felt like it was just killing time. I know their budget has bee reduced and all, but with only six (?) episodes this season, surely they can fill up a majority of a show with more quality stuff than this. I do think things will improve when they show films with multiple presenters in them, because them bouncing of each other is usually my favorite part of a TG show, and their studio lines seem to be more and more forced. There is a script for the films I'm sure, but I guess they're given more leeway and are allowed to just let the idiocy flow more than when they're live.

All this bitching and moaning aside; it was a thoroughly enjoyable way to spend an hour on a lazy Sunday night.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

The 6 ep series followed by an 8 ep series later in the year has been standard for the last.. 4 or 5 years maybe? Certainly from before the budget cuts.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

But isn't the summer series usually the longer one? I took six eps in this to mean six or less come fall/winter.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I didn't like it very much either. I wish they would focus more on cars like in the olden days. I'm not holding my breath though.

Reliant was funny, but SIAPC and Volcano a bit useless or at least not as good as it could've been. Bentley review was fine.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Last year it was 7 & 7, year before it was 6 & 8.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information