Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SpeedTV 2 launching

SpeedTV 2 launching

Apparently Speed has heard the cries from all of us tired of all of the crap they actually play on their channel, so there will now be an online channel that streams actual racing all day, every day. so you need to be a subscriber to Speed TV on your cable or satellite, and then you can watch it. so no luck for you you european types, but great news for those of us in the land of the free.

hopefully, they will make it work nicely with the ps3 so it will be easy to watch it on my tv.

ColdTrackDays
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

hmmm sounds good, hope they don't block "alien" access from overseas
    Coz if they do we'll just have to find a way round !!!

Hopefully the carrot of 14 years of programming will be held and we'll get access to some good historical stuff.

I just dont' see the sense of TTXGP if they are not also carrying the full Isle of Man TT races.
    It's like going to Le Mans and then spending 24hours watching the kids play on the pay-per-ride electric karts in the fairground

Would be pretty pissed if I was having to pay Speed subscription and only getting
    "“NASCAR, the most popular form of motor sports in North America, is the foundation and top priority of the linear network,” "
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-12-2010 at 10:06 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    hmmm sounds good, hope they don't block "alien" access from overseas
    Coz if they do we'll just have to find a way round !!!

Hoepfully the carrot of 14 years of programming will be held and we'll get access to some good hitorical stuff.

WOudl be pretty pissed if I was having to pay Speed subscription and only getting
    "“NASCAR, the most popular form of motor sports in North America, is the foundation and top priority of the linear network,” "
    i pretty much pay for a sports package which costs a couple bucks a month for F1 and the few other racing series i watch. although they started showing BTCC, DTM and V8SC with regularity as well, so that made it a bit better. but having access to the FIA sports car races that we have never been able to watch is fantastic. historic stuff would also be brilliant.

Let's not forget you're going to get the 'Ring VLN Will wave from the balcony
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

How does that work with the cable subscription?
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Brendon tells us the access codes gets my vote

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Brendon tells us the access codes gets my vote
    umm... im not sure i am comfortable with this.

we wont' tell anyone
    Come on, we're mates just you and me ( and a few hundred others )

im really not sure how they are going to monitor the whole being a subscriber thing though. maybe its just one of those 'in the US' things and if so, you could probably generate a US IP address and access it.

yah no point speculating. If they do in the end use IP to block then we can setup your PC as a relay for all us UCPers. You can trust me

If it's a 'you have to have a subscription' thing then it's not likely to just be an IP address filter thing. Could be a code thing.. which means I'm sure there'll be a way around it floating around the toobs somewhere..
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Bah. Was hoping for a second channel when I read the title. My computer can't handle this sort of thing.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

If there's an HTML5 version of the streaming available you might be ok, it should work much better than a flash player. Also the latest version of flash should be making things better.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I'd prefer they program Speed 2 with all the NASCAR/Pinks/Bull Run "reality" programming drivel and give us back SpeedVision as it was. Luckily, I recently converted all my computer/TV/satellite connections so we can watch webcasts, but Speed as run by FOX still blows.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    How does that work with the cable subscription?
    The way NBC did it for the Olympic coverage was you had to sign in the web page with your cable email account, which then redirected you to Time Warner's website to verify the level of subscription service you had. If you didn't have at least the extended cable channels, you were not authorized to watch the live events. It worked kind of like facebook connect.

Thread Information