Thread: Siata ?

Siata ?

Yesterday i went to the finish of a local classic car tour (Lions Club)
    There i saw this remarkable car badged Siata ! also a lot of V8/8V badges and the body probably by Bertone.
    Somebody any more info about this beautiful machine ?

A very close relative to the Fiat 8V was the Siata 208S. Siata was a small Italian Turin-based factory which produced nimble sports cars on a very limited scale. The majority of their cars were based on Fiat components and the 208S was no exception. Siata was very much involved in the Fiat 8V production. A number of mechanical components for these cars were produced and assembled by Siata for Fiat, because Fiat's experimental department lacked sufficient production capacity. Fiat produced a total of 200 8V engines in advance, but didn't use them all and sold some to Siata. The company designed a new tubular chassis around it and slightly reworked the engines. So the 208S (meaning 2-litre 8-cylinder Sport) appeared in 1952 with bodywork by Stabilimenti Farina. It proved to be the car to ensure Siata's place in automotive history and remarkably most of these cars were sold in the US.

About 60 Siatas 208S have been produced and some where fitted with small-block Chrysler or Ford V8 engines; most however were fitted with the Fiat 8V unit. The majority of the cars featured an aggressive looking coupe body by Farina (later adopted by Balbo and ultimately Motto), but there were also a few spiders.The most classic 208S spider body was made by Vignale, which you see here. It's a very simple and lightweight design which offers hardly any comforts but has beautiful flowing lines. In the 208S the Fiat engine produced up to 122 hp @ 6300 rpm, enough to send this 780 kg light car to a top speed over 200 kph. It was really a competition sports car and even now cars like these are popular in classic car races.

Production ended in 1954 but there are still quite a number of 208S models around and though not cheap they are valued considerably less than the Fiat 8V.

Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

1952 Siata 208 CS Stabilimenti Farina Berlinetta - Images, Specifications and Information

one of the five V8 (208) models featured here. The Bertone bodied car is new to me.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Finally found some info about this car :
    Is a one off Bertone bodied Siata 8V 1954
    Strada e Corsa - Onderhoud, restauratie van klassieke Italiaanse auto's | SIATA-8v-Bertone.

My absolute favourite is this one: the 208 S CS Spider. But there isn't much information on Siata as a brand on the internet (sadly).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

the most featured Siata this year is this 208CS
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information