Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Too much cash for too little car?

How did you get an RX-8 for 25 grand? Here they cost more like 40.

(In Euros that is)
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

wtf ?
    You are getting ripped off !!!!
    18K for the 192 and 20K for the higher performance.
    Euro/GBP hasn't collapsed that much (yet) so I dont' know ehre you get 40K euros from

But there again WHAT BMW can you get for 25K euros
    Basline to mid for the 1-series and only baseline for the 3.
    THAT is not good value and certainly not when comparing the competition !!

But, I fear this may be msised
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

It was 33k for the 192bhp and 38k for the 231bhp. That's 125-130i money here. However it was our BMW (the 118d) which cost 25 thousand, a 143bhp hatchback. The question here though is, what is the competition? A 140bhp Megane diesel or a car that drives as well as it and seats four?
    Visca Catalunya!

That sounds like some communist government plot to stop you buying Wankel tech !
    That's effing ridiculous mark up --- and that's coming from a Brit who're USED to paying the highest in Europe
    Seriously though ? The rear seat of the BMW isn't that spacious - the RX-8 is a better fit for tall folks ffs and it's boot's not brilliant either - be honest
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Seriously though ? The rear seat of the BMW isn't that spacious - the RX-8 is a better fit for tall folks ffs and it's boot's not brilliant either - be honest
    It isn't - but then again we had a Mini which makes the Bimmer feel a bit like a limousine.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    a car that drives as well as it and seats four?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It isn't - but then again we had a Mini which makes the Bimmer feel a bit like a limousine.
    I didn't realise the first time it WAS a question and not a statement regarding the beemer

Why these types of discussions are often frustrating.
    BY focussing on it's positives and not admitting it's negatives up front, readers are required to engage to draw from you the downsides.
    Of course, this just convinces most of us that the Beemer is even WORSE than we experienced or imagined as owners start sounding like the worst of the fanboys
    ( imagine all your posts on this with "BMW" replaced with "Honda Civic" and you'll see what I mean )

But I'm not arguing the BMW is perfect, I'm just saying take it for what it is.

If you want to drive great! Do you need to trans port people or stuff? Buy something else.

My point was it isn't overpriced. What it does, it does it quite remarkably well.
    Visca Catalunya!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i don't buy consumer reports on the basis that most consumers are morons, lol.
    LOL. To each their own.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But I'm not arguing the BMW is perfect, I'm just saying take it for what it is.

If you want to drive great! Do you need to trans port people or stuff? Buy something else.

My point was it isn't overpriced. What it does, it does it quite remarkably well.
    BUT when you then compare it with cars that frankly STUFF it on value, handling and performance then you bring in the rear seats.

Can't have it both ways
    and that confirms my comment on the "honda Civic" facboyism so I'll leave this thread till sense prevails

The 1-series IS an over-priced car for what you get beyond the blue-white propellor badge on the front.

What if you need the rear seats, like I did? But anyway, each to his own.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's no "to our own" tho' Ferrer as you admit the rears on the 118 aren't that good
    So do you need them or not, or do you only need them for kids or folks you hate ??
    In that case get a Lotus Evora

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    It's no "to our own" tho' Ferrer as you admit the rears on the 118 aren't that good
    So do you need them or not, or do you only need them for kids or folks you hate ??
    In that case get a Lotus Evora
    I need it for my grandma.

Does that make any sense?

(W, I need a new similie: XD)
    Visca Catalunya!

'course it makse sense Ferrer.
    Was only suggseting what does NOT make sense is the defense of it

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Kitdy, there is still a difference between "our" Focus and the one you get. Ours is considered to have very pleasant driving characteristics. (note that I did not even bring forward a French example as not to look biased) And driving pleasure is not dependent on horse power. But the Focus is a decent four seater, while the 1-series is a decent 2+2, which then should actually be compared in terms of driving pleasure with a MX5 or something like that.
    I just found out that we now have the 116d available, where the 2-litre engines pumps out a hefty 115 bhp and which is 4000 Euros cheaper (26 vs 30k) than the 118d (green subsidies and an even more basic standard equipment, lacking for instance air conditioning). That brings the car in Golf territory price wise, but that car than has the 140 BHP TDI.
    There's a difference between yours and the French too? Wow, the French get screwed for everything.

Thread Information