Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New racing adventures - Juno SSE

Good luck mate! Let us know how you go.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Generator has arrived and was installed last night!
    Everything works perfect, and we are packing up tonight.
    Leaving for Denmark tomorrow!!

Sorry guys for not giving you an update! I have been moving since returning from Denmark.

We had a great trip down and arrived on Friday afternoon. We set camp and was excited about Saturdays practice. We had one 30 min practice on Saturday, everything was ok, except a battery fault right before entering the track for practice. My brother changed the battery (which is pretty well hidden) in 10 minutes, with me in the car, ready to go! I did 15 minutes and everything was working fine, setting OK laptimes. We changed and my brother also had a good stint, setting fastest lap of the practice. Pretty happy with that of course On Sunday there was set to be one practice of 30 min, 30 min qualifying, and the one hour race. I was going to take the practice session, and my brother quali. After some 10-12 laps of the session, I was down to what my brother was setting of laptimes on Saturdays practice, and was holding fastest laptime of the session. But the our fortune ended... on one of the straights i pulled up behind a Radical, this straight ends in a highspeed left hand corner. I had about 50-80 meters up to him and was getting ready to dive on the inside in this corner when he suddenly had problems with his throtle or something, making him slow down very fast... Things happens fast in somewhere between 160-180km/h and I had to escape on the right side of him not to hit him.. The sandpit didn't do much deceleration for the flatbottomed car, so I ended up in a gravel barrier, nearly hitting a fence.. The car took damage to the front splitter and crashbox in front, but otherwise the front suspension made it very well. Also some fiberglass damage, but not beyond fixable. The car was pulled back, and we started to tape it together to try make the start for the one hour race. We missed quali, but made the racestart. My brother started, and was placed in the back because of no quali time. From the beginning we could hear from pitlane that something was not right, and after a couple of laps he came in, and it was fireing on only 3 sylinders again. A little problem we had before going down to Denmark, so that was the end of the race for us. To comfort us, noone beat our laptimes from practice during the race. The weekend didn't have the best ending you can say. We drove the 1380km's straight back home, without sleep. New crashbox and splitter is ordered and on it's way from UK. Don't know when we are able to race it again in such a race yet, but hope it's not to far away! Two shots of me on the track, during one of the practices.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Too bad for the unhappy ending, but this project looks extremely promising!
    Looking forward for more hot laps!

Did you find out what was the problem with engine?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

That's a shame, at least your times are competitive though.
    Good luck getting her track ready again soon!
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Sorry to hear that, but good luck and glad to hear things are so promising.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

That's not uncommon for a maiden race, and the promises seem to be right there. BTW, did I note the absence of a certain sticker?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Too bad for the unhappy ending, but this project looks extremely promising!
    Looking forward for more hot laps!

Did you find out what was the problem with engine?
    We have not had time to search for it yet, but we are thinking there is some ignition problem. Maybe the coil on the given cylinder or as simple as a bad plug.
    It fires on four when the V-Tec kicks in... so when power is increased on the plug it works, but when the V-Tec isn't present it doesn't.. We will start with the car when we have the other parts.

Thanks for the comments guys, I thank myself for buying the HANS device before this race!

Well, the car is fixed again and my brother took it for some testing this Monday.
    The engine problems is not all fixed yet, after the race in Denmark we found out the lambda sensor was bust, and a bad connection on the no.1 injector (which caused the trouble in Denmark). But at this training session there was trouble past 6000 rpm, not working well at all over it.. So now the whole loom is getting a overhaul before my brother is going on a sprint race in Denmark again in October. Here are a couple of videos, the sound is so bad you can't hear that it struggles past 6000, but you can see it on my brothers helmet on the straight When he starts nodding in the traveling direction something is wrong! He did clock pretty good laps, besides the engine troubles, about 57-58 secs. That's 997 Cup territory on this track. Unfortunately the lap time transponder didn't register, so the times is manually taken.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N69Rm8POThY&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N69Rm8POThY&feature=related[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev6MaAtppKQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev6MaAtppKQ[/ame]

http://youtu.be/eXAjI-xfArI

Here's a little video from when my brother went training this weekend on a "new" track up here
    Last edited by LotusLocost; 08-16-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Thread Information