Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What cell/mobile phone do you own?

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    What do you like about it? What do you use it for?
    I like how it does everything. Being an Android device it has the massive Android Market so I can always find an app for what I want it to do.
    It integrates perfectly with my gmail account, and also my business email is handled by google so it's perfect for that. It syncs well with Microsoft Exchange so my Uni emails are sorted. As you can see from the image it's massively customisable, don't like the clock on the homescreen? Move it around or get rid of it altogether and use a different one, the whole experience can be tailored to your need.
    I have a travelling profile that displays multiple clocks on the home screen so I can keep up with time zones, that's also handy for my business profile since I am often emailing the US. I have a weekend profile that has games, TV Listings and local weather. It really does do it all, I could go on all day!
    If you want to learn a bit more I run a webshow, you can see me using the device a lot...

Android App Review Show
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Not that the Ipod Touch is exactly cheap though.
    I never understood that thing though, it's like an Iphone, but it can't make phone calls, so that you have to bring another phone with you.
    The iPhone is expensive, and data plans for it are quite costly (at least in Canada).

Attack elected officials and then loot Apple stores and it will convince the governments of the world to lower rates for the iPhone. Though, as IB4R said, a good chunk of the more affluent protesters probably already have an iPhone an aren't objecting to its operating costs.

Couldn't resist, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for an American to call Canadians violent.

EDIT: Pic related. Don't worry Mac fans, I'm the proud owner of an iMac which has gone through three power supplies because Apple keeps using the same goddamn Taiwanese supplier for the capacitors in it. So, I have purchased some higher-quality capacitors and now get to solder them in without destroying everything (no mean feat for me). Still I do love it when it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 06-27-2010 at 09:16 PM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Suka View Post
    I like how it does everything. Being an Android device it has the massive Android Market so I can always find an app for what I want it to do.
    It integrates perfectly with my gmail account, and also my business email is handled by google so it's perfect for that. It syncs well with Microsoft Exchange so my Uni emails are sorted. As you can see from the image it's massively customisable, don't like the clock on the homescreen? Move it around or get rid of it altogether and use a different one, the whole experience can be tailored to your need.
    I have a travelling profile that displays multiple clocks on the home screen so I can keep up with time zones, that's also handy for my business profile since I am often emailing the US. I have a weekend profile that has games, TV Listings and local weather. It really does do it all, I could go on all day!
    If you want to learn a bit more I run a webshow, you can see me using the device a lot...

Android App Review Show
    Sounds great. Yeah I will check out your web show...cool
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    The iPhone is expensive, and data plans for it are quite costly (at least in Canada).
    How much does a data plan cost in Canada? In Mexico it costs me about $25 USD a month.

Voice plans are expensive in Mexico. I think we have the most expensive cell phone service in the world. There are no unlimited call and SMS plans. Costs can go up as much as 300 USD a month or more for 120 min of voice calls on Mexico´s biggest carrier (TELCEL). My carrier (UNEFON) is way cheaper and runs on a CDMA network as opposed to TELCEL´S GSM network.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    How much does a data plan cost in Canada? In Mexico it costs me about $25 USD a month.

Voice plans are expensive in Mexico. I think we have the most expensive cell phone service in the world. There are no unlimited call and SMS plans. Costs can go up as much as 300 USD a month or more for 120 min of voice calls on Mexico´s biggest carrier (TELCEL). My carrier (UNEFON) is way cheaper and runs on a CDMA network as opposed to TELCEL´S GSM network.
    Here you get a "choice," Bell or Rogers. They are non-competitive.

Here are Bell's plans, Rogers' plans are unavailable as their website seems to be dead when I search for the iPhone plans see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Here you get a "choice," Bell or Rogers. They are non-competitive.

Here are Bell's plans, Rogers' plans are unavailable as their website seems to be dead when I search for the iPhone plans see here.
    You guys have costs similar to ours. I don´t feel so bad anymore jajaja.

Casio Exilim C721. It's basically a camera (5.1 megapixels w/video) with a phone rather than the usual phone with a camera. It's perfect as I don't want/need a data plan and I take quite a few pictures. It's not a camera replacement, but it's a bit better than the old Canon I use and a lot more convenient. The picture makes it look like a touchscreen; it's not - it's a flip phone with a rotating screen.

I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

samsung B2700 because for me a phones a phone and I cant break or drown this one as easily.
    autozine.org

I currently own a Sagem My-E77 - quite an ordinary and ageing thing. I put my eye on a new iPhone, but it is not being sold in Russia yet.

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    Sony Ericsson TM506

It's a phone. I use it for phone calls. It has a camera, but I never use it. I never send or receive text messages either. I'm old-fashioned.

It's actually only the second cellphone I've ever had. I got my first phone, a Motorola something in December 2005 and used it up until a couple months ago when I got my current phone.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Not that the Ipod Touch is exactly cheap though.
    I never understood that thing though, it's like an Iphone, but it can't make phone calls, so that you have to bring another phone with you.
    Yeah, but an IPhone isn't cheap when you factor in the data plan either. It's an IPhone without the data plan. I like it that way. For light browsing (internet), music and a few fun games, I like the IPod Touch for what it is. Then again I did get a 16 gig IPod Touch 1st gen for $100 when I got my MacBook, which makes it a sweeter deal. I'd imagine if you were getting a 16 gig Touch it'd be more expensive than that.

By the way, for texting, the IPod does that too. Download textfree, you text for free. I used to not text, now I do.

The only thing I really hate is ITunes. That program is so unintuitive.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 06-28-2010 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
    Sony Ericsson TM506

It's a phone. I use it for phone calls. It has a camera, but I never use it. I never send or receive text messages either. I'm old-fashioned.

It's actually only the second cellphone I've ever had. I got my first phone, a Motorola something in December 2005 and used it up until a couple months ago when I got my current phone.
    I'm so old school I don't have a cell phone.

We have a family cell that I use sometimes.

Well, plans work a bit differently over here, and are generally too expensive. Free wireless connectivity doesn't exist, so you need a plan even just for that, I think it's no less than 25€. Then you have to add text and phone calls, which generally aren't covered by plans.

There are some relatively good offers, like 40 € with say 8 gb of data, 10 hours of calls and 200 messages a month, but iirc this particularly offer required to activate it on two different phones, or something.

So basically over here the wireless connectivity of the Ipod is barely useless.
    It's surely cheaper than an Iphone (8gb, 200 e for the Ipod, 540 for the Iphone, excluding plans), but it still costs more than twice another mp3 player with similar functionalities, except for the wireless thing.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Well, we like carburettors and clutches. So it's not strange that our idea of a phone is this:

It's a classic!!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information