Thread: Can anybody over there in Europe find me a set of grand cherokee headlights?

Can anybody over there in Europe find me a set of grand cherokee headlights?

Hey I was just wondering if any of my European buddies overseas could do me a favor. I am looking for a set of headlights for a 93-98 grand cherokee. The lights they used in the euro models are by far superior to the US models lights. I'd have to imagine somebody knows of a wrecked or just sitting jeep at somebodies home or maybe a local junkyard? I'm sure shipping to the USA couldn't be that bad, I will pay you for your efforts and pay for the shipping obviousley if somebody could help me out. These lights are not only hard to find in the US, but they are also EXPENSIVE. They gotta be a dime a dozen over there!
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

were the euro style lights only sold in europe or did they get preference in other markets too? like japan or Aus.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I think they were sold in all markets except here. They cost a lot more and there were worries that people would revolt over the price should they break one here. I guess we break a lot more here?

If you can't find the Euro style ones have you considered the upgrade versions that Sylvania makes? I did that with my Jeep and it made an amazing difference.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

On a side note, if those lights are expensive in the US, car wreckers here might have long discovered the option to sell them in the US for a high price.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Juggs, can you post a photo? They look the same to me, just different bulbs... are the blinkers and underlights different? Alternatively, if you haven't seen them an aftermarket clear lens version with a faceted reflector are available on eVilbay for under $100 per set.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Hey guys, sorry it took me a minute to get back on here, been pretty busy this past week! Anyways I already have aftermarket headlights on my jeep. They work OK but still not great. I have already done some other mods to improve my lighting as well but I think I want to take the next step. I already have an upgraded light harness that uses nice 12 gauge wire and draws power directly from the battery. I have also redone the wiring so that the jeep now uses 9007 bulbs instead of the older style 9004 bulbs. 9007's put out many more lumens than the old style.

The "e-code" or ECE lights found in the European jeeps are the ultimate in lighting for these things however. I'm not sure what types of headlight housings they got in other markets like you were asking clutch-monkey, but I would assume they probably got the good lights as well while us Americans got the downgraded cheap D.O.T approved versions. The euro versions got nice glass reflectors (not sure if the fluting is different or not) whereas US models got cheap plastic that is guaranteed to haze over time. Best of all the ECE's use H4 bulbs which are pretty much the best, brightest bulbs you can get. There are so many more choices in bulbs with the h4 type as well.

wwkg- I think you may be thinking of headlights for a Cherokee? I used to have a cherokee and had aftermarket housings on there (where you could replace just the bulb instead of the whole assembly) and you are right they make a huge difference. I'd have a hard time letting anything sylvania go onto my vehicle though lol (highly over rated brand). The vehicle I am asking about is the Grand Cherokee ZJ (ZG overseas).

Henk- Although not a bad point, in all my days of studying these jeeps, I have never heard of anybody getting a hold of a used set from over seas. Everybody who is lucky enough to get a set has bought them from the dealership brand new or from a company who has imported brand new ones to the US.

CSL- I'm not sure about the blinkers and running lights being different. They are probably close to the same. I am not interested in any of that though, I am after nothing but the actual headlight housings. I already have a set of nice (read: ebay special) head/running/turn lights. Everything on ebay has cheap plastic lenses and is all made in china.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Thread Information