Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roadtrip 2010 Kortrijk-Maranello-Kortrijk

Roadtrip 2010 Kortrijk-Maranello-Kortrijk

This summer i went on a roadtrip with 3 friends (car enthusiasts) :
    Starting in Kortrijk (Belgium) the trip took us to the Nürburgring ,Stuttgart ,Munchen ,Maranello ,Monaco ,Como and Mulhouse.
    We visited : Spa-Francorchamps circuit and museum , Schumacher Karting Center , Porsche museum ,Mercedes museum ,Meilenwerk ,BMW museum ,Stelvio pass ,Ferrari galleria ,Fiorano track ,Lamborghini museum ,AutoSpeak and the Schlumpf collection.

First pictures ; Lamborghini Museum
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice trip...but you forgot to include San Marino......not so far away from the Lamborghini Museum..should be a must for Ferrari enthusiasts.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

San Marino = the Violati collection !
    So much to see in that area and so little time
    The Alfa Romeo museum was closed and due to snow on the Stelvio we missed the Mille Miglia museum in Brescia so this calls for another trip in 2011.

Monaco 2010 spots

Love the paint job on the SV.

Sometimes I see cars like these and wonder what the founder of the company would have thought of them.

Imagine if Enzo was still alive - I imagine he'd be furious.

EDIT: I know Enzo was with Ferrari - I am pointing out to this problem as a whole.

Porsche Museum

Museum were all cars still are working and running in various event all over the world, Some just came back from Schloss Dyck classic days and other were on display at Pebble Beach

Next stop on our journey : Maranello
    Ferrari Galleria

wow! the car nut's trip of a lifetime! looks like you had a great time. what car did you do your road trip in?

Quote Originally Posted by ozzycarnut View Post
    wow! the car nut's trip of a lifetime! looks like you had a great time. what car did you do your road trip in?
    Great time indeed the car was a Suzuki SX4 cause one of my fellow roadtrippers is a Suzuki/Hyundai dealer and thinking that the other friends have a Ferrari a BMW-Alpina en myself a Maserati

geez mate, sx4! anyway ... i suppose we'd all like to do the italian riviera or swiss alps in [insert desired super / hyper car here] but if you are not earning a tonne of money to be able to afford this, i guess reality kicks in and you make your way to the sx4 ... or in my case a corolla! doesnt hurt to dream though.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzycarnut View Post
    geez mate, sx4! anyway ... i suppose we'd all like to do the italian riviera or swiss alps in [insert desired super / hyper car here] but if you are not earning a tonne of money to be able to afford this, i guess reality kicks in and you make your way to the sx4 ... or in my case a corolla! doesnt hurt to dream though.
    The SX4 was the sensible choice but proved to be the smartest choice once we crossed the Alps in the snow and had to look for parking space in Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by putje View Post
    The SX4 was the sensible choice but proved to be the smartest choice once we crossed the Alps in the snow and had to look for parking space in Monaco.
    Should have gone in an elephant. Hear it's a blast.

But nice photos.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Should have gone in an elephant. Hear it's a blast.

But nice photos.
    Left my elefant at home bad mpg
    Thanks

Great road trip putje! Photos of the Stelvio, please... it's fantastic no matter what you drove.
    We did it with a rental Mercedes 200 diesel that wheezed it's way to the top.

Did you take the opportunity to lunch at Cavallino? Good food, the perfect respite between a factory tour and the galleria.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

to be honest, you could have done the trip in a lada niva on a 50 degrees celcius day with no air con and broken window winders and a dodgy old radio that only transmits dodgy old russian radio stations being stuck in traffic with gastro and a killer migraine, i am still jealous!

Thread Information