Thread: Ford Fiesta

Ford Fiesta

For whatever reason, im kind of excited about the ford fiesta. Even though i would never buy one. However, if i ever ran out of money, and heart, and needed an econobox, the fiesta would be the way i would go.

I saw one the other day (hatchback) for the first time in person and i thought it was a very sharp looking car. It doesn't look boring or ugly like the Yaris, Versa, or Fit. It also doesn't look so overwrought and "look at me, someone made a car marketed for my age segment and told me it was cool, therefore i bought it, which means im cool" like the scion offerings or that weird Nissan box or cube or whatever it is. l It looks somewhat exciting but not overly so. Its not trying too hard. The interior also looked pretty decent for a car of that class and I liked how the gauges weren't in the middle of the dash.

29/40 mpg seems pretty decent to me, especially considering that its not a hybrid.

My main beef with it is the 5 speed manual transmission!

Also, i have read that the automatic is not a slushbox but is actually a dual clutch setup. This is amazing to me. I'm surprised ford would put a dual clutch transmission in its bottom end car!

here's a basic review on it http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-fie...ve-review.html

Whats your take on the fiesta?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Im not particularly a fan. It falls foul of a problem ive got with alot of small cars, it looks seriously undertyred for the height of the hipline.
    I am the Stig

My sisters boyfriend has a Ford Fiesta 2005 1.4L

He let me drive it. The engine is really soft. I stalled the car at a stop street and I didn't even realize. It's pretty big on the inside. There are sport models of it as well.

I'd say it's a very good city car. But way overpriced.

The new shapes also don't appeal to me. Same with the new Opel Corsa they tried to make it look like the OPC.

Is rooster is commenting on the Mk6.

Which is fine, if not terribly interesting.

Light car though.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well part of the excitement is that first we had the Focus. Which was nice. Then we had the later focuses, which weren't. Then we got the Fiesta, which is nice again. Not a ton of power, but decent handling and interior. Also, it costs the same as a smart, with similar mileage and twice the room. So we're finally getting some of the cars that you guys have been getting and aren't forced to drive shit to have cheap. It's a little exciting.

I'm waiting for the first person to convert it to rear drive and swap in a 5.0. Ford racing, I'm looking at you...
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post

I'm waiting for the first person to convert it to rear drive and swap in a 5.0. Ford racing, I'm looking at you...
    I saw a mini with a Hyabusa (spelling eww) engine in it on youtube. Guessing it'll hit like 8.5 on quarter mile.

Personally, I think the design doesn't work well with 4 doors. If it was a 2-door hatch, I think the design would look a lot better.

Until they announced the U.S. wouldn't be seeing a Fiesta 2-door hatch, I was considering buying one. When my old car died, I had to quickly replace it, so I am enjoying a new Focus 2-door coupe.

Thread Information