Thread: 2010 Silverstone 1000 km report and gallery ...

2010 Silverstone 1000 km report and gallery ...

This weekend the extensively refurbished Silverstone track hosted the final round of the 2010 Le Mans Series, which doubled as the first race of the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC). The inaugural ILMC will also feature Petit Le Mans and a 1000 km race in Zuhai, China. Even though most (class) championships were still up for grasps, most eyes were on the first encounter between Audi and Peugeot since the very eventful 24 Hours of Le Mans in June. The two works teams headlined an entry list that consisted of new fewer than 45 cars. The race was hotly contested with none of the cars making it to the finish without a scratch or a dent.
    On Saturday afternoon a staggering 55 late-1960s and 1970s endurance racers competed in the Classic Endurance Racing (CER) event. Among the historic sports and GT cars were a wide variety of Chevron and Lola prototypes as well as fire-breathing BMW M1s and Porsche 935s. Like the feature event, the CER race was also closely disputed with several wheel to wheel battles.
    As always we were at Silverstone for the full duration of the Le Mans Series event and have captured the 1000 km race and CER race in full detail. All of this and more can be found in our detailed report and action-packed 230-shot gallery.

Enjoy the links:

2010 Le Mans Series Silverstone 1000 km - Report and Slideshow
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

some bonus shots, I have been practising with lower shutter times than usual. (not extremely low though)
    let me know if there is need for more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

thanks for the link wouter. sounds good.

Thread Information