Thread: 06 Renault Renaultsport Megane RS 225 F1 Team edition.

06 Renault Renaultsport Megane RS 225 F1 Team edition.

Yes that is a silly long name

Been lurking for years, don’t post much. Thought I would share my car, it may be to some of your interests

Mods thus far are back box and rear seat and belt deletion, Quaife LSD, Toyo R888 tyres and a Cupra R Replacement front lip. Car has quite high factory output

Last edited by TTEETT; 10-18-2010 at 12:28 PM.

Going down the dipper at the Hampton Downs circuit south of Auckland. Love the three wheeling in the wet on semi slicks, shows how well these cars handle. Set a new PB of 1.21.1.

Tasty. Stylish and restrained... until the loud pedal is applied, yes?
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Thanks, unfortunately not, the turbo quietens things down on the move, it’s a very un romantic engine to be honest, it doesn’t make much noise at all bar a waist gate whoosh at high RPM and a bit of whistle everywhere else, It doesn’t rev high and because it makes torque everywhere it’s too efficient to be dramatic. Makes a nice burble at idle though and that’s what I was after, got sick of being told to “start her up” when on the start line, save a few valuable KG’s as a bonus.

Sorry for the misunderstanding... being familar with the model I meant "loud pedal" as a euphemism for accelerator, not neccessarily accurate about actual sound. I do appreciate the benefits of civility and a wide power band, as well as the looks of your Megane.
    One of my favorite modern French cars. BTW, who took your photos? Looks ready for a spread in European Car.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Does the new diff make much a difference?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Huge difference, It used to wheel spin like hell, was a real Achilles heal on track and on a back road. It was the first thing I did when I got the car and seeing the LSD was the the majour upgrade Renault did on the F1 Model in 07 I thought it sensible, not a cheap or easy undertaking though but I still saved out on a R26. RS cars are rare in NZ

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Sorry for the misunderstanding... being familar with the model I meant "loud pedal" as a euphemism for accelerator, not neccessarily accurate about actual sound. I do appreciate the benefits of civility and a wide power band, as well as the looks of your Megane.
    One of my favorite modern French cars. BTW, who took your photos? Looks ready for a spread in European Car.
    Thanks, sorry I thought you were assuming it was loud because of the muffler deletion, a lot of people assume it would be.

Some friends. I am a enthusiastic member of a local European car club.

Here is the album from the day, intimate turn out as it is wet and cold at the moment over here.

ES2 pictures by NZ-Rabbit - Photobucket

Nice to see seom French panache pushed around

BUT ... 888s on track with kitty litter run offs ? Please put a roll cage in. It's not a strong tin-top. Would hate to see you off on fast corner in dry, dig in and turn it over.
    Seriously, when you up the grip and traction then the risks rise exponentially
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I absolutely love Renaultsport Meganes, especially these.

Great to see you take it to the track as well.

Nice car. Despite the long name.
    Kind of wish we got those here.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by TTEETT View Post
    Toyo R888 tyres
    boo
    nice hot hatch. a bit of a firecracker around a track hey?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Cheers people, it has its moments, build quality isn’t the best and it costs me a lot in parts and service but it’s chassis is brilliant and it performs very well as an all rounder in all conditions, it’s a practical sports car and embarrasses drivers in what are perceived to be very fast cars.

On the R888’s it's brilliant, I can see why Renaultsport fit them factory to the R26.R and can see why the R26.R is the fastest production front wheel drive around the Nurburgring.

I really do pity other brand hot hatch drivers, I can’t even see how a anything else is called hot in comparison.
    Last edited by TTEETT; 09-29-2010 at 03:05 PM.

Thread Information