View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peugeot 405

14 100.00%
  • Daewoo Nexia

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peugeot 405 vs. Daewoo Nexia

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    Peugot

A friend of mine had one of these and the boot retaining mechnism broke, i.e. When he opened the boot it would swing right up and into the rear windscreen, breaking it. Dont see many of these on the road these days.
    lol I don't think that's the kind of thing OP wants to hear.

My parents owned a 405 for a while and it was reliable (), spacious, good cruiser and was good enough on the backroads. Nexia deliberately avoided when viewed. Not even test driven the initial impressions were so off-putting. As henk said and you know though, make sure the Pug's not a dud!

I would also take Peugeot, especially because they are from the same year (if you were thinking about 1995 Peugeot 405 vs 2005 Daewoo Nexia things would most probably be different). The 405 was leaving the market then, but anyway was better and more comfortable than Korean budget car based on then old European budget car, which Nexia actually is. I have been in Nexia for several times (that was a taxi), and it is not a pleasant car in my opinion - surely Lada level. The car I have communicated with was most probably rather recent one, so I can only imagine what would 1995 Daewoo feel like.

Not that I'm telling you to buy a Peugeot, because after all it is your choice, but since you have made the poll...

P.S. I was afraid this would be one more thread with a stupid drag race video between the 405 and Nexia. Thankfully Heaven is on my side today.
    Last edited by faksta; 10-01-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Thank you all guys, i am still waiting for more responses.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    I would also take Peugeot, especially because they are from the same year (if you were thinking about 1995 Peugeot 405 vs 2005 Daewoo Nexia things would most probably be different). The 405 was leaving the market then, but anyway was better and more comfortable than Korean budget car based on then old European budget car, which Nexia actually is. I have been in Nexia for several times (that was a taxi), and it is not a pleasant car in my opinion - surely Lada level. The car I have communicated with was most probably rather recent one, so I can only imagine what would 1995 Daewoo feel like.

Not that I'm telling you to buy a Peugeot, because after all it is your choice, but since you have made the poll...

P.S. I was afraid this would be one more thread with a stupid drag race video between the 405 and Nexia. Thankfully Heaven is on my side today.
    Your experience with the Nexia might be based on examples produced in Uzbekistan....not that they were much worse, but certainly not better as the Korean produced ones.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yes, I'm almost sure that was an UzDaewoo product, but I believe they were not further cheapened compared to the Korean ones?

Thread Information