View Poll Results: So if its your money, which are you buying?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aston Martin

8 22.86%
  • SLS AMG

2 5.71%
  • 458 Italia

15 42.86%
  • R8 5.2

4 11.43%
  • 911 Turbo

6 17.14%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: one of the best comparison tests ive seen in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    shouty astons do sound good, I'll give them that. Heard one in Sydney (f*** you guys have a lot of nice cars over there).
    What's with the doors and how they open? I saw the guy step out of it and they swing different from anything else I've seen. Kind of up and out.
    Come to TO - it is decent here.

I have seen heaps of R35s here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Come to TO - it is decent here.

I have seen heaps of R35s here.
    Been to TO and love it . My wife did some modeling there in 2007 so I went to see her a couple times. I felt the traffic was far lower than that of Vancouver, but maybe I was just in a quieter part of the city. I can't remember what our street was called where we stayed, but the CN tower was fairly close.
    The night life there is crazy, and the place is always bustling. I saw my first R8 there.

shouty astons do sound good, I'll give them that. Heard one in Sydney (f*** you guys have a lot of nice cars over there).
    What's with the doors and how they open? I saw the guy step out of it and they swing different from anything else I've seen. Kind of up and out.
    yeah they swing slightly upwards to clear curbs and stuff. looks awesome imo
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Aston Martin makes the best doors in the automotive world - hands down. The angle they open looks beautiful and is great for ingress/egress and for clearing curbs. And they hold steady at any degree of ajar but never feel overly heavy to close.

I honestly can't think of any feature common to all cars where one company for far exceeds the rest of the automotive world.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

This was a really tough one for me. I LOVE Aston Martins, they are just beautiful cars, but they have never been the greatest performers. I've always thought of them as playboy cars.

I Love the SLS AMG. it has a great motor, it looks fantastic IMO, but again, I have to agree with Jeremy Clarkson. "If you have doors that open upwards, you will get less sex." It offers stellar straitline performance, but Mercedes' have never been known for cornering dynamics. And I feel the interior is lacking considering it is a Mercedes.

Both are brilliant, but both have their own flaws, so i voted for the Porsche 911 Turbo. It may not be a great GT car, or a purist sports car (if I wanted a Purist sports car, I'd buy the 911 GT3 RS, or the Boxster Spyder), but they have insane straitline speed, and cornering is none too shabby as well. And its the cheapest of the group.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

I still want the SLS, but now in a different type. I want the GT3 version. Sounds godly, corners godly... it's only problem is it's very functional, but nevertheless HUGE rear wing. Which doesn't put it off my "want" list.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Aston Martin makes the best doors in the automotive world - hands down. The angle they open looks beautiful and is great for ingress/egress and for clearing curbs. And they hold steady at any degree of ajar but never feel overly heavy to close.

I honestly can't think of any feature common to all cars where one company for far exceeds the rest of the automotive world.
    I hate Aston's doors. Even if they are the most practical ever made.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I hate Aston's doors. Even if they are the most practical ever made.
    Why?

I think you're starting to turn into a curmudgeon.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

They look awful to me. But of course they wouldn't be enought to make me not choose an Aston Martin.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I hadn't even stopped to consider that they open that way for practicality's sake (curbs and such). I just thought they wanted to be different from everyone, using an angle that hadn't been done yet, which made it come off as somewhat flamboyant. Given that its actually got a purpose though, I'll let it pass.

personally, I like my doors traditional. Everything else seems like it was made to excite young children.

aston for me the DBS or V12 vantage. probably the DBS becuse it look so good.

Thread Information