Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best team in the NFL

Hopefully this injury does him in and he decides to hang it, i'm so sick and tired of hearing about him all the time. But on the other hand i'd rather have the news be about him than the Broncos historic 59-14 loss to a team owned by the world's only living fossil. I'm so pissed after this week it's unreal

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    At this point, it really looks to me like Brett shoulda stayed retired after leaving GB.
    Everyone in WI believe the same thing. Looks like I will need to create a thread again title. "Brett Favre retires again. again. again. again." Hes turning into the Michael Jordan of Football. Just waiting next year he will be going out for water polo.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Favre probably came back for the 300 consecutive starts milestone along with the 500 TD passes and 70,000 passing yards he's already achieved against the Jets a few weeks ago. Sledge I hope you have a box of tissues handy for Sunday around 4:30. Pack is going to get stomped
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Big talk for a passer with 50% completion rating. You have had your three wins in a row against the packers and last year was luck. By this time next week, I will have accepted your apology.

Im guessing it will be a good game though truely and either team has just as much chance to win. Good luck, your going to need it.
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Big talk for a passer with 50% completion rating. You have had your three wins in a row against the packers and last year was luck. By this time next week, I will have accepted your apology.

Im guessing it will be a good game though truely and either team has just as much chance to win. Good luck, your going to need it.
    Them's fightin' words.

New Avatar

*Edit* Final score 9-0 Packers
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 10-31-2010 at 01:14 PM.
    -Carrol Shelby

Kitdy brought up a good and valid point. Since the Jets were the best team, and the best just got bested, that would make the Packers the new Best team in the NFL. Is anyone really suprised?
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Kitdy brought up a good and valid point. Since the Jets were the best team, and the best just got bested, that would make the Packers the new Best team in the NFL. Is anyone really suprised?
    Na transitive property gets thrown out the window in the NFL. The Patriots are the only 6-1 team with their loss coming to the Jets so you can still argue the Jets are the best.. see what I mean. But yeah, congrats.. that was a miserable game for myself and fellow Jet fans to watch.

Lol, what was up with those two interception calls though. Please tell me you agree that both those interceptions were horseshit. I think the Jets would have still lost if they were both ruled completions.. but c'mon
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Did anyone see the Bills game? That was tragic for Bills fans.

No, what's tragic is the whole Vikings franchise. They've fallen off so much and can't even keep one of the best receivers in the league for more than 2 games. Everyone wants to lay the blame on Brad Childress but i think the front office blew this one.

Best team in the NFL

7-2, see ya later guys.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I think the Pats are still the best team. Jets are third behind Steelers. Jets need consistent offense before I can get on board with them. The Ravens are right there too but their D is suspect (when's the last time you could say that). In the NFC the far and away best team is the Falcons. My Bears are in the hunt but I'll be the first to say they're no where near the best. They have the Jets coming to town in a month and a final showdown with the Packers to end the season, but since they already beat the Packers one, I'm not too worried about the rematch.

Best team in the NFL

Jets beat the patriots handily this season. The steelers are plagued with injuries and I'm confident the jets would beat them if they played tomorrow. As far as the offense, the jets are putting up 400+ yards a game the past few weeks. You also have to take into account the style of the offense: its based on running the ball and dominating time of possession. The jets aren't like the colts or chargers in which 70% of the offense is in the mid to long passing game and putting up 35 a game.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

The Jets are definitely hitting their stride at the right time. Those come from behind victories are something else. If they can keep it together they're going to be a force to be reckoned with. Especially if they can seal up homefield come playoff time because making those passing teams from Indy and San Diego have to play outside will put the Jets at an advantage. I know even after yesterday my Colts fan friends were all saying how they'd still get the 2 seed and all that stuff.

I guess my Saints are going to fly under the radar the rest of this season. Interesting to see the defending champions getting so little press despite being on a roll and sporting an 8-3 record. Not a single network can manage to put together more than 10 words about them during recaps and weekend highlights. It's almost like the Cowboys, Jets, Patriots, and Vikings are the only teams playing in the league right now. I think once Shockey and Thomas get back from their injuries N.O. will be as solid a contender as any of the conference leaders. The last few weeks of this season are going to be very interesting.

But yea, the supposed "best team in the NFL" seems to change week to week. I think it's best to wait until the post-season to worry about team rankings. This isn't the NCAA.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Thread Information