Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: big engine and nothing else

big engine and nothing else

people when are the yanks going to realise now that power and speed are produced using technology and clever ideas(there is where americans fall the most short).

American cars are all engine size and nothing else I mean really do u need a 7 litre car to achieve a 0-60 time of +-4secs ....
    NO!

and the only reaon why people are nostalgic about american cars is due to that fact that they where the first "cheap" big engine cars wipee skip.

you have subaru's and skyline's nocking the shit out of american boats on a stock level and little honda's doing it with a couple of modes. and still pulling of the whole handling thing off
    (for the americans thats when you have to turn the steering wheel left and right for CORNERS!)

I wount even think of comparing european cars becuase there is just no comtest.

AMERICANS ANSWER TO EVERYTHING THING IS GO BIGGER.

most countries dont have the defense force budget to go sieze oil from poor 3rd world countries to fill up their 7litre cars

hmmmmmm.........I think I read this somewhere else ....... now let me see ...... zzzzzzzzz
    A pox - a pox I say -
    a pox on all those that cling to the use of the oil-burning horseless carriage and pollute the King's highways and byways.

Give us a quick list of the engines that sit at the top of the performance tree in SALOON cars.

I think you'll find they all have large capacities.

Oh and how big was the McLaren F1 engine?

P.S. I like small engines, the R1 motorbike engine is fantastic, but big engines have their place too 0.02c

Originally posted by Kudosdude
    Give us a quick list of the engines that sit at the top of the performance tree in SALOON cars.

I think you'll find they all have large capacities.

Oh and how big was the McLaren F1 engine?

P.S. I like small engines, the R1 motorbike engine is fantastic, but big engines have their place too 0.02c
    evo 7, evo 8?

wrx sti?

all these car accelrate to 62 in around 4.5 secs

tell me abt an american saloon which does that at around the same engine capacity and price

A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

p/s: I Love the Murcielago!!!

They are turbocharged, they are also geared to do that speed. AND they drink like fish. I don't know anyone that gets above 25mpg in their evo's.

go motormaniac

you make a good point about price
    I didnt even think about price

the money you save you can spend on mods which you dont really need cos non american cars are so fast.....

and the McLaren F1 enginewas only a 5.7 litre motor which still holds the guisness book of recordsfor the most powerfull engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: go motormaniac

Originally posted by guyt_x

the money you save you can spend on mods which you dont really need cos non american cars are so fast.....

and the McLaren F1 enginewas only a 5.7 litre motor which still holds the guisness book of recordsfor the most powerfull engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AHEM its 6.1L v12 by BMW not 5.7L
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Originally posted by Kudosdude
    They are turbocharged, they are also geared to do that speed. AND they drink like fish. I don't know anyone that gets above 25mpg in their evo's.
    go teach that motormaniac some proper shit about cars and yeah it drinks like a dipsomaniac(that sounds better than a fish)
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

i don'y know anyone who gets above 15MPG in terms of the combination of urban and extra urban
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Originally posted by motorhead
    go teach that motormaniac some proper shit about cars and yeah it drinks like a dipsomaniac(that sounds better than a fish)
    well,

the combined consumtion for the evo 8 is 13 liters per 100 km

that's damn good

Re: go motormaniac

Originally posted by guyt_x

thanks

it 6.1 liters

still very little for the fastest car in the world

anyway

as guyt_x said

u can juz stuff a big engine in and make a fast car

result: buggatti veryon

using brains

result: Maclaren F1

point is ppl

u can juz stuff a w-16 into a 8-litre car and call it the fastest car in world

but using a 6 litre v-12 and making the fastest car in world

that a acheivement

well down

motormaniac has just stood up and confirmed that
    he has a brain

why you comparing the veyron to the mclaren f1 - one is a luxury super sports car the other is a light weight super sportscar - they are of totally different leagues - the veyron actually in fact was never intented to be the fastest production car in the world but ferdinand piech wanted to resserruct bugatti with a very special kind of car and he has done it ultra well.and you think its easy stuffing a 8l w16 in the veyrons roof is it - think again - there was much more development done in ther veryron than in the mclaren f1 - well obviously because its newer much more features and my godness the gagets and gizmos which the mclaren sadly does not have.
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Originally posted by motorhead
    why you comparing the veyron to the mclaren f1 - one is a luxury super sports car the other is a light weight super sportscar - they are of totally different leagues - the veyron actually in fact was never intented to be the fastest production car in the world but ferdinand piech wanted to resserruct bugatti with a very special kind of car and he has done it ultra well.and you think its easy stuffing a 8l w16 in the veyrons roof is it - think again - there was much more development done in ther veryron than in the mclaren f1 - well obviously because its newer much more features and my godness the gagets and gizmos which the mclaren sadly does not have.
    ok

well

compare the maclrean f1 gtr to the veryon

the inteior of the maclaren is Fablous, mind blowing

the seats r made of the best leather avaiable

the veryon inteior is bullshit compared to the gtr

and the veryon was intended to be the fastest car in the world for ur info

they do not juz stuff w-16 into cars that r intended to be "just a normal supercar"

again u being bias towards the buggati

pls do not let what u like affect ur judgements

AMERICANS ANSWER TO EVERYTHING THING IS GO BIGGER.

The Japanese answer to everything is to make cars smaller. Bolt the same turbo from a Jap car onto a V8 and watch the fireworks.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information