Thread: A new Stig has emerged from the mire for Top Gear Live

A new Stig has emerged from the mire for Top Gear Live

Stig news - The Stig farm – video footage released! - 2010 - BBC Top Gear

Asregular readers of TopGear.com will know, last night saw the openingperformance of Top Gear Live at London’s Earls Court.And for weeks people have been badgering us through the usual channels with asingle question: will the Stig be appearing?

We can now provide an answer: yes.

Last week, pursued by the cream of our nation’spress, we popped down to our top secret (free-range, GM-free) TopGear facility in an obscure part of rural Britain and held a colourful inspection.

One big question does remain: will ‘touring Stig’ make it to the new series of Top Gear when it returns at the end of the year? Who knows. As James has so diligently been telling everyone, “anything can happen in Stig world”. You’ll just have to wait and see. But all you TopGear.com fans can rest assured, you’ll be the first to know.

(If you want to see our freshly farmed produce in the flesh, click here for the full details of the Top Gear Live tour in London, Birmingham, Dublin, Melbourne, Brisbane, Johannesburg and Oslo. Tickets are going fast.)
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 11-06-2010 at 08:17 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The vid is classic TG --- "some Stigs think they can even write books ..... but that's never a good idea!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Agreed a very good video. I'd of thought they'd have gone for a new colour though, that red and black one is quite snazzy

Looks like a 911 sport classic will be on test too
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

haha I lol'd at the book joke too. Hopefully the new one knows better .

Pink for Derek

I reckon, Reob, that the new "Stig contract" will make it VERY clear by repeating it multiple times that the BBC own the Stig, pay the salary and call all the shots
    If a driver won't sign it , then it moves on to the next one.
    There are plenty of VERY good drivers not getting sponsorship and competitive rides at the top of the sport. Schumi might be needing the cash soon

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Pink for Derek

I reckon, Reob, that the new "Stig contract" will make it VERY clear by repeating it multiple times that the BBC own the Stig, pay the salary and call all the shots
    If a driver won't sign it , then it moves on to the next one.
    There are plenty of VERY good drivers not getting sponsorship and competitive rides at the top of the sport. Schumi might be needing the cash soon
    I'm sure they italic, underlined, and bolded the crap out of it. They shouldn't have a mishap like that again. From my personal POV, the fun behind not knowing who the original stig was has worn off, and I'm now not really bothered to think of who the new one is. Chances are that will probably get forgotten in time and go back to normal though.

Whats going on with Schumi that has him potentially needing cash? I thought he was busy representing Mercedes?

So black stig never died lol...(hiding between red and yellow stigs)
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

I wonder how they get their colors. They must inject food coloring during the insemination process... because those all look like different shades of icing I've eaten off cakes.

Damn, I gotta get me one of those stig costumes...
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

agreed desmorob. the early top gear i think was the best, with the original stig. now top gear has turned into some sort of side show with slap stick comedy. i dont mind a laugh but i used to watch it for the cars. i think its lost its dna in favour of the money machine that is the hype and who harr of top gear around the world now, pleasing the masses if you like. i might even go to the dark side and watch fifth gear ... mmm ...

TG has been slap stick comedy for years and years and the better for it
    THink THAT is a Brit thing !!

re "black stig" .... I believe that will be a clone of the original
    re costume, mates son borrowed my race helmet (white) and his uncles race suit (white) so he could go to fancy dress. I stickered up the back of his helmet though ...... GITS - the Stigs brother who drives faster in reverse
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git_(British_slang)

Quote Originally Posted by ozzycarnut View Post
    agreed desmorob. the early top gear i think was the best, with the original stig. now top gear has turned into some sort of side show with slap stick comedy. i dont mind a laugh but i used to watch it for the cars. i think its lost its dna in favour of the money machine that is the hype and who harr of top gear around the world now, pleasing the masses if you like. i might even go to the dark side and watch fifth gear ... mmm ...
    I enjoy both shows. It doesn't really take much to get my attention when there are desirable cars on TV, so I'll pretty much watch anything, but I just don't give the show that extra bit of my focus when it comes to caring about their little side shenanigans they've got going on. Basically, when the show is over, I've stopped thinking/caring about it. I just want to see statistics, listen to noises, and watch smoke come from tires. That's all it takes to make me happy.

Thread Information