Thread: more UK craziness :(

more UK craziness :(

An advert showing acceleration times of Nissan 370Z has been banned after showing car moving too fast.
    I'm dumb-founded

and MORE determined to own a fast, fuel guzzling, noisy sportscar and NEVER take a passenger
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 09-08-2013 at 11:26 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

They've had these laws in Australia for a while - often all it will take is one complaint and the Ad has to be pulled.

Having said that there is a chocolate milk ad in Australia showing people doing dangerous things off the back of a Ute and because it's not advertising the car, it's perfectly legal.

What?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

interesting, if they show the car going up to 62 mph, how can that be considered speeding as your speed limit is 70 MPH as far as I know.
    Anyway, in Holland I don't think it is allowed to mention the car's topspeed in an ad.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    interesting, if they show the car going up to 62 mph, how can that be considered speeding as your speed limit is 70 MPH as far as I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Article Thing
    the Advertising Standards Authority said the advert would be interpreted as ‘a depiction of those cars reaching 62mph within a very short space of time
    Probably worried it promotes drag racing off a red light or something. I get their point, but like someone said, there's certainly worse advertisements out there.
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post

I'm dumb-founded

and MORE determined to own a fast, fuel guzzling, noisy sportscar and NEVER take a passenger
    Considering those laws, living in Germany can be pretty cool.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 09-08-2013 at 11:26 PM.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

The only car commercial that I think is currently on air here (that I've seen) that shows anything near to spirited driving is for the Nissan Juke.
    Figure that one out.

Yes, The Juke advert is pretty reckless.

On the UK advert....it could be Nissan, knowing the rules well because they have been in place for years, knew the ad would get pulled which in a way gives them more publicity.

Hey, we're discussing it here, so there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    The only car commercial that I think is currently on air here (that I've seen) that shows anything near to spirited driving is for the Nissan Juke.
    Figure that one out.
    There's an ad on here for Nissan and it says "what if we turbocharged this little guy?" regarding the Juke. The Juke ain't exactly small, is it?

Dino, I tihnk you may actually be spot on
    MANY years back Peugeot had an ad pulled for advertising "excessive speed" and it created a furore.
    Yes, I think I concur, they KNOW what they're doing !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well the Juke commercial, at least in the "full" ad (it's absent from the shortened version) the driver turns to the camera and says "Professional driver. Closed course." Which not only is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the fine print at the bottom of the ad, but it also reinforces that he isn't speeding on actual roads.

So no speeding is allowed to be shown but there's all kind of sex-driven ads on TV. "It's OK to be a whore but not drive at or slightly above the speed limit."

if they think it's reckless to show speeding cars, just mandate one crash at high speed in the commercial and the lesson is obvious. and we get to see the car perform!

I completely agree with this if you really want to show your car perform do things which are safe for you and also the public ,let this provide some good information to others ,instead if you perform car show which can ruin others no one will agree with such a deal.

Thread Information