Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apparently not forsale............

Quote Originally Posted by willysjeep View Post
    Any link to this Jens....
    Hi again,

yes here is what I found when I Googled the name La Gombe, together with Lamborghini, and added France,
    La Gombe - The AUTOSPORT Bulletin Board

and some bad pictures, here if you scroll down Autodiva - Afficher le sujet - Lamborghini en compétition avant 1991

just found some more & better pictures Késako ???????? - Page 2

One of those Alpine,s is a winning Le Mans car(Class winner).

There were many & much better pictures, in the Danish & Swedish mags, I will see if I can dig them out?? and post some here.

I even forgot the worst thing from the articles
    the whole lot is to be run over by a bulldozer, when he dies
    such a guy is a total IDIOT in my opinion.
    try say you would do this to 3 or 4 Rembrandt paintings and you would get send straight to prison,
    but becourse its "only some old cars" people let him do it. what a great shame.

Jens Christian
    Last edited by MARGRAVE W&P; 12-07-2010 at 12:14 AM. Reason: one more link added

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post

Say what you want, but its a car, and the owner has EVERY right to do as he pleases until he feels that it is no longer a necessary belonging, and until that time, nothing can or should be done.

Hi SH,

I hear what you say, but what I DONT get, is why people hang on to old rusty cars, that goes down in value (some)
    when they are just left to rust.

If it was me, I would sell the old "scrap" if there were any interest in it ? and buy, what ever makes me happy instead
    but if having old rusty cars sitting in your garden, is what makes some people happy?? well fair enough-let it be then,
    but people like that "La Gombe" in France is a COMPLETE idiot in my opinion, to say that ALL cars must be demolished, after his death -
    is total crazy, I bet he only say this, becourse he wants the attention from people.

But as you already wrote, its a free world(some of it) and all can do as they please

Jens Christian

I can understand the "I don't want to sell them because they are mine" atitude, but the whole "When I die I'm going to destroy all of them because if I can't have them no else can't" business is stupid and idiotic, in my opinion.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I can understand the "I don't want to sell them because they are mine" atitude, but the whole "When I die I'm going to destroy all of them because if I can't have them no else can't" business is stupid and idiotic, in my opinion.
    A sad variation of the mental illness of hoarding, which is already pretty sad
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

reminds me of the childhood poem, "now i lay me down to sleep, i pray the lord my soul to keep, and should i die before i wake, i pray that all my toys should break ... so that no other kids can play with them."

I agree that this guy is an ass-hole for putting in his will that his cars be destroyed upon his death.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by MARGRAVE W&P View Post
    Hi again,

yes here is what I found when I Googled the name La Gombe, together with Lamborghini, and added France,
    La Gombe - The AUTOSPORT Bulletin Board

and some bad pictures, here if you scroll down Autodiva - Afficher le sujet - Lamborghini en compétition avant 1991

just found some more & better pictures Késako ???????? - Page 2

One of those Alpine,s is a winning Le Mans car(Class winner).

There were many & much better pictures, in the Danish & Swedish mags, I will see if I can dig them out?? and post some here.

I even forgot the worst thing from the articles
    the whole lot is to be run over by a bulldozer, when he dies
    such a guy is a total IDIOT in my opinion.
    try say you would do this to 3 or 4 Rembrandt paintings and you would get send straight to prison,
    but becourse its "only some old cars" people let him do it. what a great shame.

Jens Christian
    Thanx for the links Jens...it does look bad there!!Is this man some kind of lunatic for leaving these valuable cars in the field to rot like that. He may need the death penalty for that
    I'm just an oldhustler trapped in a hotrodders world
    I have been doing so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.
    Fiberglass is traditional.From Malmesbury,South Africa

Speaking of classic cars and their crazy owners, a tale of two crazy women; back in the '70s an oil heiress asked that she be buried behind the wheel of her Ferrari 250GT Lusso. Another woman whose husband died parked her husband's car in her garage for decades and wouldn't sell it despite numerous offers. The car: One of the original Shelby Daytona Coupes. Eventually she died and the car was sold and restored and was auctioned for 7 million bucks.
    Last edited by Rizaven; 12-10-2010 at 01:29 PM.

This is very sad for a car lover to see thing like this . The owner should be realize the value of this car

Quote Originally Posted by mikehussey View Post
    This is very sad for a car lover to see thing like this . The owner should be realize the value of this car
    That's what they should do....but most people are so ignorant...
    I'm just an oldhustler trapped in a hotrodders world
    I have been doing so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.
    Fiberglass is traditional.From Malmesbury,South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by MARGRAVE W&P View Post
    Hi SH,

I hear what you say, but what I DONT get, is why people hang on to old rusty cars, that goes down in value (some)
    when they are just left to rust.

If it was me, I would sell the old "scrap" if there were any interest in it ? and buy, what ever makes me happy instead
    but if having old rusty cars sitting in your garden, is what makes some people happy?? well fair enough-let it be then,
    but people like that "La Gombe" in France is a COMPLETE idiot in my opinion, to say that ALL cars must be demolished, after his death -
    is total crazy, I bet he only say this, becourse he wants the attention from people.

But as you already wrote, its a free world(some of it) and all can do as they please

Jens Christian
    It's one hell of a trolling of people like us though...
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaven View Post
    Another woman whose husband died parked her husband's car in her garage for decades and wouldn't sell it despite numerous offers. The car: One of the original Shelby Daytona Coupes. Eventually she died and the car was sold and restored and was auctioned for 7 million bucks.
    The history of CSX2287 (the Daytona prototype) was the subject of a thorough documentary, and though stashed a long time, it wasn't the husband's car... he took it from music producer/oddball Phil Spector while he worked for him. The husband and later his wife hid it in spite of it's obvious value because it wasn't legally hers.. and she killed herself (horribly) when the car was discovered through meticulous research by professionals. It's auction price should be considered lower than expected (or deserved IMHO).

Google the VIN for everything you'd like to know about it.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

I figured somebody had more details about the Cobra Daytona story. Nevertheless it's a story worth bringing up.

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    The history of CSX2287 (the Daytona prototype) was the subject of a thorough documentary, and though stashed a long time, it wasn't the husband's car... he took it from music producer/oddball Phil Spector while he worked for him. The husband and later his wife hid it in spite of it's obvious value because it wasn't legally hers.. and she killed herself (horribly) when the car was discovered through meticulous research by professionals. It's auction price should be considered lower than expected (or deserved IMHO).

Google the VIN for everything you'd like to know about it.
    It was in Car and Driver a while back (10-ish years ago? - I found it scanning through the engineering library's back issues). There was a very nasty lawsuit over who owned the car and whether or not he/she wanted it sold.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

It is really awesome that your library has back issues of Car and Driver.

Do they have the complete set?

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    It's one hell of a trolling of people like us though...
    Hi Pimento,

actually not they were ment for the people like that La Gombe

all my cars are not restored, but they are stored inside a dry barn, so they dont get any worse,
    and if someone want to buy one of my 3 unrestored cars, I wouldnt say no.
    I would only be happy to see it go to a good home
    I sold one of my projects last year, knowing that I could have made much more money once finished,
    but I would rather "miss out" on all the work and get cash there & then

Jens Christian

Thread Information