Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Motorsport 4

The demo is out now for live gold members. It's basically the same as the PAX demo, but now they have a brief showing of the rivals thing. One of the rivals challenge is to weave an M5 around a track that's full of shopping cars.. surely such reckless driving should be done in an Audi?!

Anyway, good fun, already pre-ordered for me.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

My internet is cheapo so I'm not going to download the demo. Figure I'll have the game in a week or so, so not much point!
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

I'm not sure I really like the ad, and I usually like all this sort of emotional ads.

To me it feels artificial and fake.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Ferrer, ditto. Seems to be trying too hard to justify our fun.

It's not even Clarkson that's causing the problem. I actually liked his review of the V12 Vantage on Top Gear. Even the subject of the ad had potential of fun and political incorrectness in this time of health and safety society.

And somewhat it doesn't work. Maybe because the product they are trying to advertise is "artificial and fake" as well.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I don't think it's Clarkson that doesn't work, I think it's the concept. I don't like it when people tell me I should feel oppressed for liking to go quickly.

He's not telling you you should FEEL oppressed for liking speed, he's telling you that you that as a fan of speed and power...you are a dying breed. Choked out by all the "pedestrian" drivers and commuters in their sad little econo-cars.

Didn't think the concept was all that hard to understand myself. Far better than the usual MTV inspired nonsense we get with most gaming ads these days.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

I'll probably buy the game but I'm pissed there is no night racing, no rally racing, and no weather. Apparently these were axed for graphics engine sake, which I think is bullshit. Never cut gameplay for sake of graphics.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    The commercial does feel kind of funny because at the beginning it tells you "real driving is responsible driving" and then goes to criticize that very notion the entire commercial, making it seem super fake.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I'll probably buy the game but I'm pissed there is no night racing, no rally racing, and no weather. Apparently these were axed for graphics engine sake, which I think is bullshit. Never cut gameplay for sake of graphics.
    These were not "cut". There's never been any rally racing or inclement weather conditions in Forza. And truly, I don't see why there should be. The kind of development time that would be needed to get both of those aspects represented properly would nearly double the dev time. Night racing, on the other hand, was present in the first Forza...but never since. I think the main thing holding that back is the frame rate issues they'd run into. It'd be nice to race all the games tracks at any time of day you wish, but I guess that will have to wait for the next generation of Xbox to come along. I just don't think the 360 has it in it.

I don't see the big deal in not being able to race on dirt or in the rain. There's plenty of dedicated rally games out there and who would actually "choose" to race in the pouring rain in a 600+hp race car? The biggest disappointment IMO is the loss of Porsche, but that's not something that was really Turn 10's fault. They managed to deliver 3 top tier racing games to date that featured a healthy Porsche roster in an age where Porsches were no where to be seen....outside of the Need for Speed series. I guess EA saw how much of a Juggernaut FM4 was shaping up to be and decided to be stingy pricks.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    GT5 kept those, and we get shitty shadows and "premium" and "standard" cars....

I'd give Forza a go if it supports my G25 wheel, but it doesn't....and no way I will buy a X360 specific wheel...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Last I heard there were no proper force feedback wheels allowed on xbox other than MS's one. That was around Forza 2 time though, but I doubt it's changed much. I think there's some Fanatec ones that work well, but yea.. no love for logitech.

Fanatec should be decent enough I guess......
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It's not even Clarkson that's causing the problem. I actually liked his review of the V12 Vantage on Top Gear. Even the subject of the ad had potential of fun and political incorrectness in this time of health and safety society.
    If the ad was for sinuous mountain roads, I would agree wholeheartedly. Maybe its their presumption that cars cannot be enjoyed in real life anymore that irks me. Driving fun is merely endangered, not extinct.

Yes modern sportscars may be too fast to fully appreciate on public roads, but old cars and small econoboxes are still alive and well.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Yea, that's probably it for me too hellcat. If the ad was a guy in a traffic jam daydreaming about an Aston in a windy country road who was then brought back to reality by car horns then yea. As it is, it's just a guy who wishes he could be driving like a douche.

Thread Information