Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Motorsport 4

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    I'm not even trolling - I used to be a huge GT fan, but there is a limit to what I'm willing to put up with.
    I understand that. I think the sarcasm was lost though, hence the smiley.

I'm pretty much "locked" into Gran Turismo, since I'm not willing to pay for XBox Live and the 360, and I only have a PS3 and a not so powerful PC.

And obviously nothing this nice will ever come from the Wii.

To be honest, I really like the walk around thing with the Kinect. But again, I'm not willing to buy another motion control thingy for the PS3 because I think the Wii implemented it poorly.

I'd like to see fully adjustable real time day to night transitions as well. I don't see how that's all that hard to pull off in a racing game. Action/adventure games have been doing it convincingly for nearly a decade. Not so sure about inclement weather conditions, though. If it's not hard to implement realistically, then sure. But I have a feeling it's alot more work to get that to work than it seems.....and it's not something I'd want Turn 10 to spend a whole year working on when they could be working on something more worthwhile. Regardless, I would like to see dynamic track conditions that actually affect car driveability (ambient temps, track temps, wind conditions...).

I also agree on more smoke. They need a better particle effects engine altogether. Forza 1 had more dust and smoke effects than 3. I'd like to see that get corrected if possible.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

I don't even care if the time is static, I just want a day, dusk and night setting if thats all they can impliment.

I know there will be dirt racing in Forza 4, Along with hopefully outboard suspension cars (Atom / Westfield etc). Seeing as that ford GT is so perfectly modeled I'd like to think they've gotten over their fear of outboard suspension components.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    Also, how about a new option for gearboxes? Call it Dynamic. Setting it to this causes each car to shift the way it does in real life. That Bimmer may drive as an auto with paddle shifting options........that Shelby Mustang will drive with a stick shift and clutch........and that Caddy might be an auto only. Allow this option to force players to drive each car the way it would be driven in reality. I always thought that that would be a nice touch. Better than forcing us to drive everything either auto, manual, or manual/clutch. This would allow it to change depending on what car you are driving.
    Need For Speed 3 (the original Hot Pursuit) had different gearboxes for auto/manual. I can't remember exactly which cars had what gears, but if in reality it had a 4-speed auto or 6-speed manual, that's what it had in the game. If it was auto only then the manual option just let you shift the auto manually (no clutch option in that game) but yea. It can't be hard to at least adjust the gearbox/ratios for that. Leave the auto-clutch option in though.. bugger trying to clutch on a game pad.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

^^^ even NFS1 had that.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    ^^^ even NFS1 had that.
    Well then I'm just baffled as to why these so-called console racer "sims" have been going for years now without ever offering such a feature.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Game looks good, as Forza generally is, but the Kinect aspect just looks like a gimmick that I would do once and then never care about again.

^^^ even NFS1 had that.
    Man, I loved NFS1SE.. I don't think I never played it in auto though, so I never noticed that. My friend used to play auto in NFS3 when we were split screening, so the difference was palpable... and by god we palped it.

Do not bother visiting the Forza forums.

So many muppets asking for the TG track, an open cityscape and other retarded things.

I just got a headache reading the stupid requests. (Like people asking for the american 240SX over the JDM 180SX)

But from what I can remember

Popular demand for tracks goes as below:

1: TG Test track
    2: Spa
    3: Bathurst
    4: Monza

A fair few have asked for more fantasy tracks - and a return of the shipping yards from forza 1.

People want more open maps like the gymkhana level, but with more obsticals and structures.

Also popular are famous roads (Autobahn, Stelvio, that road in romania from TG).

So in other words, while there are a great number of brilliant suggestions of under rated tracks, I'm hoping the forza team don't fold and put tracks in that are shit.

On the feature side -

Weather
    Day/Night shift
    Rally (snow aswell)
    public lobbys
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

In Enthusia the weather was variable, meaning that if a race starts wet it will end wet, and you could really tell the difference. The feeling was like driving on eggs, love it.
    That game was almost perfect as far as driving simulation was concerned I think, even if it was a bit too zealous when lateral inertia was to be considered. And unlike GT4 you could handle oversteering in all cars, even fwd models.
    This also had a pretty interesting selection of cars, and the only accurate reproduction of the behaviour of an automatic gearbox in a videogame.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Did Enthusia have in car driving view?

Seems like I rented that game once and there was a glaring missing feature.

I thought it was the game that wasn't compatible with a driving wheel...but after googling I saw that wasn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    This also had a pretty interesting selection of cars, and the only accurate reproduction of the behaviour of an automatic gearbox in a videogame.
    Indeed. Generally, the gear change was also affected by the revs at which you shifted, but that could be arguably be an exclusive content. In GT4 this wasn't that evident though.

Talking about shifting in NFS1, I don't remember about it oh so well, but I do remember that settings like ABS, TCS, how many gears and manual mode weren't available on all cars. Like the 512 TR had all options, and auto mode would have just changed the gear for you, while the Diablo VT+ was similar but you couldn't activate TCS. There was probably something about the clutch which I think I never used, but I'm not sure.
    Thing is it was a now 15 years old game with only 8 cars and actual differences between them.
    And the last section in the mountain road with snow/ice was epic.

EDIT: no in car driving view in Enthusia.

NFSSE is taunting me from my shelf with its non-compatibility with Windows NT kernel now.. curse this wretch'd modernity!

My NFS cd-rom spun so many times it's barely readable to say it's not compatible with anything less than 10 years old.
    Crying out loud since Win Xp I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    And finally: drag racing. If you're going to include it......do it right. Go spend some time at the local strips and see how it's done. Give us a proper tree light with manual launches and burnouts. Develop a proper grip simulation for launches this time. Put some drag racing specific mods in there (trans-brakes, line-locks, fat and skinnies, etc.). Develop a nice bracket racing event option for online and career mode. Approach the sport with a serious intent on accurately reproducing it in virtual form. Don't just throw in a straight track and call it a day.

Ahhh THIS!!!! So true! I was very disaapointed with the drag racing of forza3. Especially the lack of a real tree light. The races just suddenly started
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Thread Information