Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 150

Thread: Forza Motorsport 4

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,488
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    One thing I think that they could do that would be fairly easy is let the computer cars get automatically upgraded to be competitive. They already made an auto upgrade system for the player in order to upgrade your car to the class you want to race it in, seems like it would be super easy to use this on the computer cars. Make it so you actually have multiple opponents, not just one and the rest being irrelevant fodder. Also some auto liveries for computer cars to make it feel like you're really in a race, not a manufacturer advertisement showcase. Just slaps on the numbers and some decals in a preset design.
    That's what happens in NFS Shift. And what that means is that slowest is best.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    That's what happens in NFS Shift. And what that means is that slowest is best.
    What do you mean by "slowest is best"?
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,488
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    What do you mean by "slowest is best"?
    Maybe it's just me, but the silly handling of NFS Shift gets on my best and I've found that the slowest the car the easier it is to control and therefore to win. Because since all the cars are tuned to about the same level, there's no point in building a fast car to destroy the opposition.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but the silly handling of NFS Shift gets on my best and I've found that the slowest the car the easier it is to control and therefore to win. Because since all the cars are tuned to about the same level, there's no point in building a fast car to destroy the opposition.
    This is the problem I had, the faster cars would make the vague steering much more pronounced. I had the most fun driving the older cars/slower cars than the mclarens et al. The koenigsegg was pretty fun though, serious power spike at the top of the rev range
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,488
    Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree View Post
    This is the problem I had, the faster cars would make the vague steering much more pronounced.
    Indeed.

    It's nothing... nothing... nothing... then you crash.

    Rather annoying.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    So. Calif.
    Posts
    13

    Willow Springs

    Quote Originally Posted by LHamilton_w View Post
    ...and more tracks (ex. Willow Springs, Spa, Monza, Monaco).
    Willow Springs would be of interest.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but the silly handling of NFS Shift gets on my best and I've found that the slowest the car the easier it is to control and therefore to win. Because since all the cars are tuned to about the same level, there's no point in building a fast car to destroy the opposition.
    Ahh. No no no the cars would be tuned to the car class of the race, not to your car.

    So for instance, if you're doing the A class porsche challenge, you don't have one A class opponent and the rest B and C class irrelevant fodder. Instead all the cars would be tuned up to A class to be competitive.
    Last edited by digitalcraft; 08-05-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,734
    pre-ordered mine yesterday, finally succumbed! Now I just need to book the day off work
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    501
    I was very happy to read that Turn 10 has made all FM3 vinyls compatible with FM4. I'm just hoping the FM3 garage "rewards" are adequate enough to forgive not including a full garage import.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    5,583
    No Porsches for Forza 4....or anyone else, damn EA and Porsche.

    Forza Motorsport - Forza Motorsport 4: Under the Hood Part 1

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    842

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    No Porsches for Forza 4....or anyone else, damn EA and Porsche.

    Forza Motorsport - Forza Motorsport 4: Under the Hood Part 1
    I don't get it- as a business, isn't it profitable to license out to as many game companies as possible?

    I mean, from any direction I see, Porsche only stands to profit from it with very minimal effort. If anything, they'll be asked for car samples for modeling and recording purposes, and everything is available from their official museum anyway.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    842
    It would be more profitable, but in this case it sounds like EA threw a ridiculous amount of cash at Porsche (it must have been a ridiculous amount) and then Porsche said, "Fine fine, monogamy it is!"

    Can you imagine if a game developer/publisher bought the exclusive rights the Kalashnikov brand?!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    501
    EA is obviously laboring under the delusion that they can unseat Forza and GT with their NFS Shift series. Good luck with that, EA.

    But seriously, this is some real BS. EA hasn't done jack with the Porsche license during the last decade. You'd think Porsche would have better business sense.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,842
    Quote Originally Posted by aiasib View Post
    It would be more profitable, but in this case it sounds like EA threw a ridiculous amount of cash at Porsche (it must have been a ridiculous amount) and then Porsche said, "Fine fine, monogamy it is!"

    Can you imagine if a game developer/publisher bought the exclusive rights the Kalashnikov brand?!
    It's just craziness on EA's part to be the sole holder of rights. It's like saying "I now own the use of the capital A from now on."

    All the poets would be up in arms!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    EA is obviously laboring under the delusion that they can unseat Forza and GT with their NFS Shift series. Good luck with that, EA.

    But seriously, this is some real BS. EA hasn't done jack with the Porsche license during the last decade. You'd think Porsche would have better business sense.
    In that case Forza and Gran Turismo should get the exclusive rights for all the other car manufacturers so that the EA motorsports division goes out of business.

    To get around it, Gran Turismo could just keep using RUFs. Cosmetically they're no different.

    It's time for Gran Turismo to start launching skins and stuff for their cars.

    I'm tired of solid colors and their so called "race modifications", of which I believe only about 20 cars in the game can be modified as such.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Forza Motorsport 3
    By Sledgehammer in forum Gaming
    Replies: 888
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 07:53 PM
  2. Forza Motorsport!!
    By junaman in forum Gaming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 05:12 PM
  3. New forza motorsport Challenge?
    By adamfraser in forum Gaming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 08:46 AM
  4. Forza Motorsport
    By Rockefella in forum Gaming
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 01:28 PM
  5. Forza motorsports
    By morfeeis in forum Gaming
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 01:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •