Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans, LMS and ALMS news.

Well, why did Henri try and buy up some old Courage C60 tubs? Easier and cheaper to replace the upper half of the tub with a rule's compliant one than build an entire car from scratch.

Even if the cars were 100% new, the C60 design ancestory can't be denied. And its possible that some of the Pesca tubs were once Courage C60s at some point. Lola did the same thing with the AMR Lola that Enge nearly wrote off--they replaced the damaged section of the tub with a new one and gave it a new serial number.

Also, in the ALMS, LMS and ILMC, LMPC/FLM cars can run in all races in their own category outside of Le Mans, and the class champion in the LMS events will get an LM24 invite for 2012.
    Last edited by Chernaudi; 12-21-2010 at 08:47 PM.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Mulsanne's Corner is now reporting that the Audi R15s that are to be raced at Sebring will have minimal if any changes versus their 2010 spec aside from performance ballancing.

The only advantages that they'll have is more torque (larger engine) and if Sebring is held to IMSA sporting regs, faster stops with the open car.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Isn't it amazing.....all of the sudden it's Lotus Lotus everywhere!

ILMC: Lotus Confirms Evora GT2 Program
    Jetalliance Racing to campaign pair of Lotus Evoras in highly competitive category; set for Sebring debut...

AUTO RACING - ILMC: Lotus Confirms Evora GT2 Program

There's been much rumor and consternation over the 2011 ALMS TV package...well....here it is officially. True fans need to be hooked into ESPN3.

http://americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=news|15452

First pictures of Henri sitting in his new car have appeared on the web.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    First pictures of Henri sitting in his new car have appeared on the web.
    Pics? I can't find any.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Pics? I can't find any.
    Actu Auto - 24 Heures du Mans 2011 - Pescarolo Team : c'est la rentre ! - LeMans.org

just become a friend of the ACO on facebook and you will receive these things automatically, and Canadians are supposed to speak French.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

That looks just like the old car. No big honking fin on it yet ...
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    just become a friend of the ACO on facebook and you will receive these things automatically, and Canadians are supposed to speak French.
    We are supposed to, but bilingualism in Canada really isn't a two way street. A much higher percentage of Quebecois are fluent in English than Canadian Anglophones are in French.

In Ontario, we are mandated to take French from grades 3-9 (options for 10-12 and there also French immersion schools). I took it for those years, and I think the education was inadequate. I was not very good with languages so I know only a pathetic amount of French. The last time I studied it I was 14 and I have never had to use it. Whenever I have been in Quebec, everyone has spoken English to me. When I next visit, I will make an effort to speak at least a modicum of French.

I actually would like it if French (and English in French speaking Canada) was a core subject taught from Kindergarden to Grade 12 - a fully bilingual country would be great.

Any other Canadians have something to say about this?

Anyhoo, that car does look very similar to what I remember the old one looking like.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    That looks just like the old car. No big honking fin on it yet ...
    if anybody has the right to invoke the grandfather clause, it should be Henri...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post

Any other Canadians have something to say about this?
    I am ESL, I didn't have to learn French when I moved to Canada in Grade 9....

University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

AUTO RACING - ALMS: CytoSport Picks Lola-Aston Martin

Didn't see that one coming....

I might be bothered to turn up at Mosport to see that...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I am ESL, I didn't have to learn French when I moved to Canada in Grade 9....

I was wondering what you'd have to say about this.

It's probably better for you that you speak Chinese than French in North America though.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    AUTO RACING - ALMS: CytoSport Picks Lola-Aston Martin

Didn't see that one coming....

I might be bothered to turn up at Mosport to see that...
    Then I may see you there. I would love to see an AM prototype, and have been to Mosport 4 of the last 5 years for the Grand Prix.

I think my last year going there for ALMS was 2007, was at the last Detroit race in 2008(already moved to MI at that point)....then the lack of cars in the last 2 years have pretty much dampened my interest at the race...

I love watching races at Mosport though, great access, lots of great, unimpeded photo spots, and a track just small enough to walk all the way around for 2 hour and 45 min race...with cars going at insane speed through the corners...the place also holds special memory since 2006 and 2007 the Toronto FSAE guys pretty much live there during the day leading up to comp since we test at their paddock area....
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 01-04-2011 at 02:46 PM.
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Neat. How many ALMS races have you been to there?

I hit the Canadian Touring Car Championship there as well this year, also the Indy here.

I wanted to hit the Canadian Superbike Championship but slept in.

The atmosphere is so cool - many fans are hardcore and there is a good feel about the place.

Thread Information