Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferrari bus

erm because tracks are NOT luxurious enoguh or pamper all the big boys.
    It's that simple

ONE F1 team at one race costs as much as most national race SERIES costs
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well someone should tell all these pretty boys that they can't always have the world on a silver platter.

What they should do is send the pretty boys stateside and have them enter a car in the SCCA Run-offs. Where you and your buddy fix everything on the cars by yourself. Either you cook food or you go to McDonalds. Where you sleep in a camper and your only outside help is a team mate or other racer. That would work for me.

I think you misunderstand F1 ... it's not a race series.
    It's a BUSINESS which happens to use flash teams and race cars to attract money.
    Until Bernie leaves it won't change.
    His plans ARE for him to have the world on HIS diamond encrusted, platinum and rhodium platter.
    US woudlnt' play his F1 rules so he dumped 'em.
    UK nearly got the same treatment.

EDIT: what you forget is most of these teams, drivers, mechanics have done the low level stuff like SCCA.
    America doesn't have motorsport operating at the level of F1 and so it's alien.
    We dont' ahve the low end like NASCAR so it's alien to us

Joking aside, clubman competition is healthy round the world and many enjoy competing at that level and some aspire to climb and earn the moeny and gain the benefits of F1. So the business wheel goes around
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I got yah. But lets not even go into nascar that is the stupidest racing series the US has to offer. And F1 is a family tradition in my house. We all love it! Especially the Red Bull guys
    Last edited by 250gto boy; 01-02-2011 at 05:26 PM.

The writ alleges the single-decker bus was being driven too fast when it rounded a bend on the wrong side of the road and collided with his car.

Quote Originally Posted by LHamilton_w View Post
    Is that why they ditched San Marino and Indianapolis?
    Indy was dumped for many reason but having been there a couple times, the Indy Motor Speedway is rather far away from downtown and the hotels, IIRC aren't super close either. So it would be quite a trek from a hotel downtown out to the track. It'd be quite short by helicopter though, and since it is Indiana there are many open fields to land in.

IMS is interesting because it's just sort of there, out in the middle of a town. There is a subdivision on one side and some strip malls around but it really isn't in Indianapolis at all. It's kind of cool in that regard.

wow thats crazy

first time I heard Ferrari Bus.Sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by LHamilton_w View Post
    Is that why they ditched San Marino and Indianapolis?
    Imola (or San Marino GP if you prefer) was abandoned through a not so elegant trick. The track was relatively fine, safety included, but as mentioned the race buildings weren't as roomy as F1 wanted, so they demanded the organizers to renew the box area, which required brand new buildings and also moving the main grandstand and the main straight themselves. This renewing process started at the end of the 2004 season. Having been there in Septmeber 2004, I can see it not being as luxurious as some spoiled brat may want, but it was damn fine for me, and I got the "premium ticket" for the whole weekend (FIA GT, WTCC, F3000 and other minor series), with access to the tower and a free buffet, all for 50 €.

Once the works were done, the price to get into the circus again was just insanely high despite early promises bu the F1/FIA that there wouldn't have been much problem. It was of course a maneuver to move another GP to some oil rich country or something like that. The organizers went bankrupt and it took another year or to to get decent races there again, even if we are quite far from say 10 years ago levels.

End of the story. It's a shame because it's a nice track and as a visitor you can walk around almost the whole track. During minor events, you can even drive to some different corners through a street which goes around the track for the most part. Also being on a hilly area, there are some nice spots from which you can see many parts of the track as well.

Thanks again Bernie.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Imola will host the 4th round of the International Le Mans cup, in early July, unfortunately during the same weekend as the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Otherwise we would have been there.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

That's a great news nonetheless.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information