Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GT4 Master Car List

don't pull that copyright crap, i know what it is.

But can you really copyright something that has been kicked around, added and subtracted from, and posted on several different websites?

I don't mean to be rude, but I find it difficult to believe that it's yours, when it's actually the makers' of Gt4. Not only that, but I'm sure lots of people have gathered lots of information to put into such a list, and there are several other versions. If he removed the white text, would it be that different from anybody else's? Probably not, as it is a list of features for a game, and will not change regardless of who makes it.

Honestly, do you really go out and search the internet to make sure no one has taken your precious list? I hope I never worry about people copying a list of cars out of a video game that I didn't even make.

Good luck to you anyways, you and your list.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Did he actually make that whole list himself or did he use other sources to get it all and then out his copy right on later ?

EDIT/ what forum did you say it wa soff maybee we should check on there see if DP has been taking any more things
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich
    don't pull that copyright crap, i know what it is.

But can you really copyright something that has been kicked around, added and subtracted from, and posted on several different websites?

I don't mean to be rude, but I find it difficult to believe that it's yours, when it's actually the makers' of Gt4.
    Obviously you don't know about that copyright crap.

If he wrote the list, even if it has been used, replicated or modified by other parties, then it is his copyright.

If a song is written and performed by one artist, and then covered by another, the copyright still belongs to the original writer, even if the words are still the same.

How did you work out that it belongs to the makers of GT4?
    As far as I am aware Sony haven't released a full official list of the vehicles that will feature in the game.

As I understand it, this is a speculative list based on cars that have appeared in previous versions of Gran Turismo, cars that are known to have been tested/ measured/ recorded by the creators of the game, rumour and wishful thinking.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...?t=2836&page=1 there are lambos on here, this is the old car lise that i posted ages ago
    whats up with the*** Mazda RX-7 76 *** they were released in 78......strange.

And i've seen a screenshot of the N13 NISSAN EXA (otherwise know as NX).

There's a difference between taking public information (the cars in the game) and making his own list and taking someone else's list and copying it word for word, color for color, symbol for symbol.

One is legal. The other is not. It's that simple.

If he had made his own list from scratch, I would have no problem, plenty of other websites have done that and the information within the list is public information. But since he decided to just highlight, hit Copy, and then hit Paste, well then I'm entitled to be a bit peeved because the list is more then just a bunch of cars, it's also a chart of cars that are confirmed in the game, all the coding that into it, etc. All of which I did myself.

The original list that I built from scratch is only supposed to be located in two places where I personally can maintain and update it.

The GTX Forums: http://www.granturismox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73
    The GTPlanet Forums: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43081

Please note at the top it even says in nice big letters "Please don't copy this without asking me first"

And yes I do go searching for people who stole my list, because most of the time they either a) Try to pass it off as a real Sony/Polyphony list or b) Try to pass it off as something they themselves made without any credit to me.

Also that old list was actually created by a group of Brazilian GT fans who wanted a list of cars they WISHED were in the game. Due to a translation snafu, people thought it was an official list and passed it off as such. So everything on that 779 car list should be pretty much ignored.
    Last edited by The359; 08-14-2004 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Obviously you don't know about that copyright crap.

If he wrote the list, even if it has been used, replicated or modified by other parties, then it is his copyright.

If a song is written and performed by one artist, and then covered by another, the copyright still belongs to the original writer, even if the words are still the same.

How did you work out that it belongs to the makers of GT4?
    As far as I am aware Sony haven't released a full official list of the vehicles that will feature in the game.

As I understand it, this is a speculative list based on cars that have appeared in previous versions of Gran Turismo, cars that are known to have been tested/ measured/ recorded by the creators of the game, rumour and wishful thinking.
    rreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeowr! Damn dude, chill out.

A speculative list, whose real author is not fully known. Yes, you've got him on the copy and paste subject, but I don't think you can copyright something that isn't really yours to begin with. Now, to copy the entire thing is indeed copyright infringement, I'll give you that, but the information contained in it isn't possible to copyright without knowing the original author and that the material was created by him without copying it from another text. If you can say for sure that said list was made up without taking information from anybody else's lists, pictures, information, or compilations, or that you had permission from every author of every text, I'll take back my statements, and you can frolick the interweb whining about copyright all day long.

also, if a musician copies a refrain from one song, a verse from another, a drum beat from a third, does that make it an original song, or a compilation of other, previously copyrighted works?
    Last edited by sandwich; 08-15-2004 at 06:54 PM.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

ROR

I already stated that the information on the individual cars is public information, but the list as an entity as I made it is my property. And no the list was not TAKEN, I started my list from scratch, and it is constantly updated by me whenever a new car is sighted or new information is revealed. In fact if you click the link you'll notice that the list posted here is already severely out of date compared to the most recent versions on GTPlanet and GTX.

I am in no way claiming that the cars of Gran Turismo 4 are my property, I am merely claiming that the "GT4 Master Car List" as I posted it on GTPlanet and GTX are my property and that the user here stole it without asking me (which you can CLEARLY see I told people to ask me...).

And as stated before, if the user had taken the information on the list and made his own version in his own style, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

and you can frolick the interweb whining about copyright all day long.

also, if a musician copies a refrain from one song, a verse from another, a drum beat from a third, does that make it an original song, or a compilation of other, previously copyrighted works?
    Yes, if no permission were sought from the original writers, that would be three seperate counts of copyright infringement.

There was a fairly highly publicised case in the UK where pop-slag Robbie Williams was sued for copyright infringement for using one line of someone elses song, even though the rest of the song was completely different.

So I guess you can get back to telling people to "go away" when the matter doesn't concern you.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    "go away".

I know, that was rude. However, I just don't see the point. If the359 wants to be a member of this Bored, then by all means I say we honor his request. But to lerk around the interweb removing information which neither benefits nor harms him seems like a waste of time. Yes, credit is certainly due, and it obviously isn't right to simply cop his list and use it against his permission, but I would rather see him become part of this board then to just remove it and leave.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

ROR

but I would rather see him become part of this board then to just remove it and leave.
    I'd rather not see my stuff stolen, but...here we are.

well... i think this is entirely gay and i personally give credit to The359 for the list. good work

as for complete track list, im waaaaay ahead of u people...

June 11, 2004 - Tentative Track List

New York City
    Fuji Speedway
    Tsukuba Circuit
    Grand Canyon; Grand Canyon North
    Citta di Aria
    Costa di Amalfi
    Hong Kong
    Nurburgring Nordschleife
    Nur Snow
    Akasaka
    Las Vegas
    Motegi
    Paris rally
    Paris tarmac
    Louisberg
    Nanzenji
    San Marco
    Yosemite
    20R60R
    Gymkhana 1-4
    Test Course
    Cote d'Azure (Monaco)
    Special Stage Route 11
    Swiss Alps
    Tokyo R246
    Complex String
    Autumn Ring; Autumn Mini Ring
    Pikes Peak Hill Climb
    Rome Circuit Full Course; Rome Short Course; Rome Night
    Seattle Circuit Full Course; Seattle Short Course
    Super Speedway
    Laguna Seca Raceway
    Midfield Raceway
    Apricot Hill Speedway
    Red Rock Valley Speedway
    Tahiti Road; Tahiti Dirt Route 3; Tahiti Maze
    Smokey Mountain North; Smokey Mountain South
    Green Forest Roadway
    Trial Mountain Circuit
    Deep Forest Raceway
    Grand Valley Speedway; Grand Valley East Section
    Special Stage Route 5
    Clubman Route Stage 5
    Grindelwald

this list is quoted from www.ign.com , on the page http://cars.ign.com/articles/522/522822p1.html and http://cars.ign.com/articles/522/522822p2.html by the IGN affiliate, IGN Cars
    (THIS IS HOW U QUOTE PEOPLE!! DONT STEAL OTHER PEOPLES WORK )

you sure that is all the tracks there dont look as many there as weon GT3 hope there is
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

In new york i will be able to crash into what ever i want

new york is a boring track to drive on... (i own prologue)...

anyway...

how sad do you have to be to whine about a LIST of cars supposedly in a FICTIONAL game that is not yet released? and to go over the web and hunt them down is just sad, how much work really went into that list? i probably put more effort into riding in a straight line*.

straight line* depending on the terain effort changes
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    new york is a boring track to drive on... (i own prologue)...

anyway...

how sad do you have to be to whine about a LIST of cars supposedly in a FICTIONAL game that is not yet released? and to go over the web and hunt them down is just sad, how much work really went into that list? i probably put more effort into riding in a straight line*.

straight line* depending on the terain effort changes
    Maybee sony relaesed the cars on the net/ or some cars....
    If they did reseach each car then your right, Sado'S

Thread Information