Thread: Extraordinary 340 Mexico and original 212 Inter at Amelia Island Sale

Extraordinary 340 Mexico and original 212 Inter at Amelia Island Sale

Extraordinary 340 Mexico and original
    212 Inter at Amelia Island Sale

Two outstanding Ferraris will be offered at the Amelia Island auction on March 12: a rare 1953 Ferrari 212 Inter Coupe with Vignale coachwork (s/n 0267 EU) and an ultra-rare 1952 Ferrari 340 Mexico Berlinetta (s/n 0224 AT), both from Larry Nicklin, a former car designer and founding member of the Ferrari Club of America.

0267 EU comes to market after being stored for several decades in the Midwest. An extremely original example, its possibilities for future preservation or restoration and show- or event-use are endless. It was displayed new at the Turin Motor Show in 1953 and has documented history from new.

The remarkable 1952 Ferrari 340 Mexico, one of only three Coupes built, boasts an impressive competition history having been successfully campaigned at a number of the world’s most prestigious racing events, not the least of which was a third-place finish in the 1952 Carrera Panamericana with Luigi Chinetti behind the wheel, the Ferrari factory team’s best finishing car that year. It was also raced in period at the 1953 Mille Miglia, guaranteeing its eligibility in the Mille Miglia retrospective. A matching-numbers car, it has known history from new and has been on display at the ACD Museum for many years. As only four cars were built, three of which were coupes, this car’s offering at Amelia Island is a landmark event for Ferrari enthusiasts.

The two historic Ferraris are joined by five other important examples from the Modenese Prancing Horse for the March 12th sale; view the online car list for additional information and pictures, and be sure to check back closer to the sale for complete catalog descriptions!

RM AUCTIONS

RM AUCTIONS

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (41.8 KB, 86 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (40.2 KB, 83 views)

I'll be busy preparing for Sebring, but will send my minions to collect 0267 EU. Which will remain as you see it: scruffy perfection.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    I'll take both, thanks.
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

Thread Information