Thread: 2011 Retromobile report and 170-shot gallery ...

2011 Retromobile report and 170-shot gallery ...

The Paris Porte de Versailles exhibition centre hosted the annual Retromobile show during the past five days. That was considerably shorter than in recent years but nevertheless around 100,000 visitors flocked to the leading classic car show. They were treated to 400 cars from a total of 300 exhibitors. Among them were manufacturers, classic car dealers, clubs and museums, who brought some of their finest cars. Highlight of the show was the world debut of the ROFGO Gulf Collection by Duncan Hamilton. This consists of around a dozen Gulf liveried and/or backed racing cars ranging from the first Mirage M1 of 1967 to the recent Gulf backed Aston Martin Racing GT and sports cars. Another very exiting machine on display was a fully functional replica of the steam-powered Fardier de Cugnot from 1769, which is generally considered the first automobile. In addition to the regular exhibitors, Artcurial Motorcars hosted on auction with over 100 lots, including a spectacular collection of former state limousines.
    Our reporters spent the first day in Retromobile and have returned with a detailed report and an exclusive 170-shot gallery.

Enjoy the links:

2011 Retromobile - Report and Slideshow
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Great show and coverage as usual.

Might I point out that the names of the green GT40 and red 275 GTB are reversed on your photos.

What a lovely collection of cars.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Fantastic
    Any chance you got some up close and personal shots on the 787 ????
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The 787 struck as well.

It's iconic livery is finding it's place in motor racing history ala Martini and Gulf.

got this one as bonus shot, no detail shots i am afraid. I think the car sits in the LeMans museum, which is on the to do list
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information