Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The most beautiful roadcar ever made - entries

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    That I can dig. Given that, I'll nominate Il MoNstro - The Alfa SZ. Always had a soft spot for that beast.
    Just noticed you edited this henk.. I couldn't remember if it had an N, so I asked some teenagers.. they said there's no N. I'd ask us here, but there's no article.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Damiano would certainly know.

Where is he?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Just noticed you edited this henk.. I couldn't remember if it had an N, so I asked some teenagers.. they said there's no N. I'd ask us here, but there's no article.
    Alfa Romeo SZ (ES30) Review @ The Alfa Workshop

these youngsters have an N in there.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Babelfish reckons it's Il Mostro.

Babelfish reckons it's Il Mostro.
    let's wait for Damiano....there is contradicting evidence everywhere...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

ATS 2500 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Damiano would certainly know.

Where is he?
    On GChat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    On GChat.
    wake him up.

We must get to the bottom of this!

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman View Post
    My bad. I just love that car so much! Can it still be allowed Kooper?
    I'm actually not too sure myself, would love to include both the 250 GTO and DB4 Zagato, but I suppose they are outside the rules for this particular voting round.

Still, nothing stops us from including them in a later poll that covers non-road-legal cars. Which will happen very, very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    I'm actually not too sure myself, would love to include both the 250 GTO and DB4 Zagato, but I suppose they are outside the rules for this particular voting round.

Still, nothing stops us from including them in a later poll that covers non-road-legal cars. Which will happen very, very soon
    both the 250GTO and the DB4Z are perfectly road legal. Do you need shots of them on public roads?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    both the 250GTO and the DB4Z are perfectly road legal. Do you need shots of them on public roads?
    Excellent, if they are then nothing stops them from being included. I wasn't sure what they classify as to be honest, racing cars or road-going cars.

Whatever the case may be, if you say they are eligible then that's good enough for me.

Nothing stops anyone from posting cars not adhering to the rules of the polls either, as mentioned previously the voting's just a formality. The good stuff is in posting pics and discussing.

The problem is the more backwards in time we go the thinner the line is between road cars and racing cars.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The problem is the more backwards in time we go the thinner the line is between road cars and racing cars.
    Road cars could mostly be used on the track as well. Here's the GTO and the DB4GTZ
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't think it's possible to pick one. That's like what is your favorite food. Well a good pizza might beat out a calzone but it's a poor substitute for chocolate cake. Sometimes I want pizza, sometimes cake.
    Also, sometimes small volume cars are better but not always.

With that in mind I think I will list several I think stand out.

Aston Martin DB-5, Ferrari GT-250, Both seem to have similar stance and profile to me. They don't look the same but I think they are both the best examples of FR layouts for a GT of that time.

Ford Mustang, first year. Classic profile and proportions. This is the car that set the stage for "charming chunkiness" that later worked so well for BMW.

McLaren F1 - The best looking "high tech" car I can think of. The best looking of the modern (80s and later) high end sports cars.

Lincoln Continental - various early to mid 1960s, the epitome of lower, longer, wider. Classicly cool looking.

Jag XJ8 - graceful long lines and nice proportions.

Thread Information