Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferrari FF: First official video.

I think it's good looking. I've liked it since I first saw it. It was weird to see it going through snow. I see nothing wrong with AWD though. AWD just makes a car safer and easier to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    I see nothing wrong with AWD though. AWD just makes a car safer and easier to handle.
    And that Is why I hate it. Shouldn't Ferrari's be proper sportscars that challenge the driver? You could drive this car with one hand and finger your girlfriend with the other. Not like thats a bad thing, but its a bad thing for a FErrari. I wouldn't mind this car with anything but a Ferrari badge.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

The FF still makes me go WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    The FF still makes me go WTF.
    Agreed. I don't mind the breadvan styling. I like that. And I'll even overlook the AWD system.

I just hate the stupid smirk with the busy LEDs and the lack of a proper manual. That's worse than Audi sterilizing Lamborghini by giving it proper fit and finish with decent reliability. At least Lamborghini still offers manuals in their most of their current offerings. This Ferrari is just so... un-Italian.

By the way, the Mazda 3 said hai!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 02-25-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    And that Is why I hate it. Shouldn't Ferrari's be proper sportscars that challenge the driver? You could drive this car with one hand and finger your girlfriend with the other. Not like thats a bad thing, but its a bad thing for a FErrari. I wouldn't mind this car with anything but a Ferrari badge.
    You're right, I didn't think of it that way. Historically Ferrari was like "here's a car we couldn't race, but it's just about as loud and just as hard to drive" but as they have become the longed-after car of the rich, they are beginning to cater to them more by making the cars easier to drive and more comfortable.

That's fine as a business practice but it means every jamoke with $250k is going to buy a Ferrari instead of every DRIVING ENTHUSIAST with $250k. It's a brand that should be people who want something hard to drive not just some rich person trying to flaunt their wealth.

Am I getting it?

That smiling face would make the joker cringe.
    I'm also thinking the rear end would look better if it was more of a kamm tail.

You're right, I didn't think of it that way. Historically Ferrari was like "here's a car we couldn't race, but it's just about as loud and just as hard to drive" but as they have become the longed-after car of the rich, they are beginning to cater to them more by making the cars easier to drive and more comfortable.

That's fine as a business practice but it means every jamoke with $250k is going to buy a Ferrari instead of every DRIVING ENTHUSIAST with $250k. It's a brand that should be people who want something hard to drive not just some rich person trying to flaunt their wealth.

Am I getting it?
    You have gotten it.

Though Enzo would have put it "Ok, you stupid git. You won't give me money for my race cars just for fun so heres a car. I hope It kills you. "
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

"Ugly" is not the right word to describe this. I think stunning, beautiful, or intoxicating would do though. And I totally pitched a tent when I heard that noise. What a car.

Am I getting it?
    Nope. 250 GTO is actually a pretty easy car to drive.

I love cars and I love to drive, but I'm no great driver. I want something enjoyable and responsive, not something that I think is secretly planning to kill me.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

I think it's good looking. I've liked it since I first saw it. It was weird to see it going through snow. I see nothing wrong with AWD though. AWD just makes a car safer and easier to handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post

Am I getting it?
    Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Nope. 250 GTO is actually a pretty easy car to drive.

I love cars and I love to drive, but I'm no great driver. I want something enjoyable and responsive, not something that I think is secretly planning to kill me.
    As Nic says, the drive system has little to do on difficulty of the drive itself.

At the limit it can be a whole 'nother story, but again the drive system alone doesn't tell you the whole story.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

^^where did these two clowns come from?

From Spambotland.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    From Spambotland.
    Well that's a FAIL. It's a bot, at least teach it proper English haha

woops

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2PhJaZhsxU&t=1m0s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2PhJaZhsxU&t=1m0s[/ame]

EDIT: JUmp to 1 minute to skip the boring stuff ..... Wouter, can you check why the start time gets ignored by the embed ? Needs a patch

Quote Originally Posted by CAR
    CAR drove the new Ferrari FF this week - but there was a small commotion behind the scenes when we accidentally drove it into a kerb, stoving in both alloys on one side of the car. An expensive business on a Ferrari.

Check out our video above of the moment when road tester Jethro Bovingdon smacked the new £230,000 FF into a kerb on a right-hand drive corner during the media launch in Italy.

'There was no kerb to begin with, and then one suddenly appeared halfway round this tight corner,' admits Jethro sheepishly.

hmmmmm, I wonder ... the revs rise fairly quickly just before he hits it and I think he's put the wheel on the grass and then meets the kerb.

CAR drives the new Ferrari FF – and crashes on video! | Car Blogs | Car Magazine Online
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information