Thread: New Marcos!

New Marcos!

I though Marcos had gone under a while ago, but they seem to have released specs on a new model!

Marcos TSO R/T:

5.7 litre Chevy V8 (Same as Z06, so it seems)
    400hp
    1090kg (!)
    0 - 100km/h in 4 seconds flat
    0 - 160km/h in around 9 seconds

The standard TSO will have 350hp.

EDIT: In advance, anyone who bashes this car because of the colour of the one in the pictures is a complete faliure.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 05-25-2004 at 10:07 PM.

I thing it looks a bit like the TVR sagaris,
    not much, but it has more or less the same shape.

Good car.

Looks nice to me, and 400bhp is very good as well
    And the front 'mouth' of the car reminds me a bit of the TVR Speed 12 car...not a bad thing...
    Dreaming of a Peugeot 106 Rallye...

It was designed by the same guy that designed the Cerbera.

It'll certainly give TVR a run for its money, a new V8 Marcos, or a TVR, with the reputation

Marcos did go under, but recieved backing by an American*, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Marcos heading over the pond, the engine is American, so they won't have to do too much to get it type approved.

*Some guy to do with Pentium or something
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 05-26-2004 at 10:40 AM.
    Thanks for all the fish

I approve

I think it is good looking, and that it should be sent "over the pond".

Thumbs up

certainly good looking. Id like to see whether they make a racing version of that.I wonder how many horsepower that has(gotta be lots).

Very cool car.I think it would get to the "subzero"section on the Topgear "coolwall"

does marcos have a website??? if so somebody post it.

Thanks for all the fish

Looks great. The last Marcos didn't really impress me, but this one looks like a winner in my books. Way to go Marcos.

Nice, im liking the engine
    How much does that thing weigh in pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Nice, im liking the engine
    How much does that thing weigh in pounds?
    2400 lbs

Here's a useful link for all car enthusiasts, lengths, weights, power ADN torque conversions at http://www.convertit.com/Go/ConvertI.../Converter.ASP and pretty much anything else you can imagine
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I quite like it. Has a radical TVR-ish look to the front end, but from a side on view and particularly the rear view it retains some of the classic Marcos lines. It's definitely a big improvement over the TS250 & TS500 that are the marque's current two cars. They looked like a Marcos Mantaray but with Peugeot 406 front lights and Ford Mondeo rear lights. Yuk! The TS250 had a seriously lacklustre V6 to make matters worse.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't like that silvery scheme at all. Should have left it one color, I think. Or at the very least, a darker shade of green where the silver is.

Pretty conservative performance estimates, if the weight figure is met. A standard Z06 is already 4 flat to 60 and does 100 in "around 9" as well. 9.2, by one test (although 9.6 is more like it). And this thing weighs about 700 lbs less? Barring wheelspin, 60 in 3.5 and 100 in the high 7's is more like it, I think. Now, to get this car over here in the States and let Lingenfelter or MTI have at it. 590 hp/tonne sounds nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Guibo
    Pretty conservative performance estimates, if the weight figure is met. A standard Z06 is already 4 flat to 60 and does 100 in "around 9" as well. 9.2, by one test (although 9.6 is more like it). And this thing weighs about 700 lbs less? Barring wheelspin, 60 in 3.5 and 100 in the high 7's is more like it, I think.
    Well this isn't Koneigsegg, so in typical British style, the figures will be REAL for everyone and will be beatable by some. Nice to see acompnay nto trying to con money out of fools
    Now, to get this car over here in the States and let Lingenfelter or MTI have at it. 590 hp/tonne sounds nice...
    Don't worry, we've plenty of experience in F1 corridor and WRC factory suppliers to make a screamer if the market wants it
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Oh, I don't doubt that. I'm sure whoever does engine work for Rollcentre, Ultima, etc. (if not themselves), can do wonders for this car.
    Just would like to see Marcos (or TVR, for that matter) bring their cars over here.

Thread Information