Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interviewing a guy named Horacio Pagani, with Wouter's permission

Thanks Miles

First off, no third pedal. It's not a real sequential, just "another" electroactuated manual gearbox.

AFAIK, they are not going to share their composites knowledge with any other company as of now, if not possible AMG/Daimler through their engine deal. I know one of the Huayra's prototypes will stay in Affalterbach for engine testing and development.

Besides, Pagani has never got a degree of any sort, albeit he entered some engineering studies (industrial design and then mechanical engineering). The difference between him and an engineer is the same difference you can find between a Zonda and a Gumpert Apollo. I'd like to get both sides of the coin when I'll start my own ubersupercarcompany lol
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Time for an update, isn't it?

Third part of the interview with Horacio Pagani focuses on its aim to mix art and science/engineering in his creations, following the path of Leonardo Da Vinci. Mission accomplished, if you ask me.

I thought it could be quite important to add also this image as it underlines a significant detail, even if you are free to not like it.

At first I thought the rear view mirror was a bit weird, and shaped in a way that didn't really fit the car. Now paying attention to this image, you can notice how its inspiration comes fromt he shape of the human eye, and given the mirror is the only way you have to look to what's behind you, that idea does fit the overall concept. You may not like it, but it's designed that way for a reason.

17.4 The Da Vinci Code, Pagani edition: an Interview with Horacio Pagani, PART 4

Enjoy the article and the high res gallery, while we head towards the fourth and last part.

Got the time to put together the pictures for the last part, last time I'll bother you

This article is focused on the production process, how you transform a few layers of carbon fiber and carbo-titanium into the masterpiece we know as the Pagani Zonda. A few interesting trivia are added in the mix, along with the usual load of shots from inside the factory.

17.5 Get your hands dirty, assemble your own Zonda: an interview with Horacio Pagani, PART 4

For those of you interested, the full gallery is now visible at this link:

Gallery: The Italian Junkyard interviews Horacio Pagani, factory visit included

Enjoy the reportage and the pictures, I really hope you liked them and thanks to those who already showed the appreciation, much welcomed

The Zonda failed to meet NHTSA restrictions in the past but hopefully can clear them with the Huayra. You gotta respect Horacio for putting in every ounce of sweat into each Zonda or Huayra he produces. The man truly goes out of his way. How often do you see a Zonda blast down the street?! Sure would be an awesome site to see.

Here is a gray version of the Huayra at the Art Center of Design in Pasadena:

Pagani Huayra Makes First Trip To the U.S.

Thread Information