Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mansory Siracusa Ferrari 458 Italia

Mansory Siracusa Ferrari 458 Italia

Dig the 70's style carbon window louvers?

"Mansory has unveiled tuned version of Ferrari 458 Italia called Siracusa at the Geneva Motor Show.

The vehicle features carbon fiber in all body components and the result is weight-saving of 70kg. The new components are a front apron including air inlets for the front coolers, a new bonnet and side skirts with integrated ducts. The rear window is replaced with carbon blades.

Mansory Siracusa is powered by 4.5 liter hi-revving V8 with 590PS (434 kW) and 560Nm (413 lb-ft). The performance upgrade includes an ECU remap, sport air filer and sport exhaust system. 0 to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds and top speed of 330 km/h (205 mph).

Mansory installed four sport shock absorbers and progressively-wound lowering springs. The ride height is reduced with 20mm.

Siracusa Ferrari 458 Italia stands on 9J x 20” and 11J x 21” forged rims fitted with 245/35 ZR20 and 305/30 ZR21 tires from Michelin.

The interior boasts leather, ultra-suede and carbon. There are also a newly designed center console, aluminum pedals and a sport steering wheel."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't realy like the look of it. So 0-60 in 3.2 secs that only 0.2 secs better, and a top speed of 205 thats only 3 mph better than the normal one.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

I rarely like any of Mansory's cars in total but some of the bits are okay now and then.

Don't like their SLS at all.

I find it funny that they felt the need to install "sports" shocks, presumably because the 458 shares its suspension with a Brougham d'Elegance.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I find it funny that they felt the need to install "sports" shocks, presumably because the 458 shares its suspension with a Brougham d'Elegance.
    The also seem to progressively give you more backache as the journey progresses.
    Or something.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Are they like the Koenig or whatever of the 2000s? Throwing out tasteless "tuned" cars by the dozens...

Most people still associate "sport" with just stiffly sprung car that rides low...greatly ignoring the fact that most manufacturers employs a great numbers of people who actually knows what they are doing and tune the cars scientifically....and puts on hundreds of thousands if not millions of miles to test a car before it was released.....only to be ruin by the so called "experts" in the tuner crowd who probably will have a hard time telling whats a damping curve vs a tire cruve...
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 03-04-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Yeah, messing with the suspension on 458 is laughable.

But the ppl that buy Mansory's can't even spell suspension.

When I read the title of this I knew the car would be awful, but I never thought it would be this awful.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Are they like the Koenig or whatever of the 2000s? Throwing out tasteless "tuned" cars by the dozens...

Most people still associate "sport" with just stiffly sprung car that rides low...greatly ignoring the fact that most manufacturers employs a great numbers of people who actually knows what they are doing and tune the cars scientifically....and puts on hundreds of thousands if not millions of miles to test a car before it was released.....only to be ruin by the so called "experts" in the tuner crowd who probably will have a hard time telling whats a damping curve vs a tire cruve...
    I'm sure the manufacturers don't mind because the tuners still have to buy the cars to tune. They prolly actually make a little more for licensing to use their names and such

Of course OEMs don't mind, the car is sold anyway...I am more baffled by the people who pays money for them to do it....

Granted you are free to do whatever you want with your own money....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

AFAIK there are only two or maybe three licensed tuners for Ferrari, one being Novitec which is also a technical partner. Like Brabus with Daimler, or Abt with Audi. Can't remember of the others though.

This car has so much wrong going on I can't bother to list the few microscopical detail I may have "liked".
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    I rarely like any of Mansory's cars in total but some of the bits are okay now and then.

Don't like their SLS at all.
    Most efforts to "tune" an SLS end up like this. But because there are LOADS of people with more money than brain out there, this will never stop.

We should start a "Save the Mercs" movement. With t-shirts and stuff.

Yes, that'll do.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

I don't know who's buying these tuned supercars, but I wish they wouldn't so companies like this cease to exist.
    It's the Justin Bieber situation. The problem is less the source, and more the people that are sustaining it by shoveling out money to them.

I bet all those louvers and add-ons have ruined Ferrari's carefully yet expertly designed aero package.
    All about the t-tops

IMO it doesn't look too bad. Looks alot more aggressive than the standard 458, even if it is a bit overdone.
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

This is the only mansory I have seen that doesn't look like a blasphemy.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Thread Information