Thread: Lancia Voyager 2012-

Lancia Voyager 2012-

New Voyager, an icon of the art of travel

A true icon of the MPV category with 27 years on the road and thirteen million units sold in 120 countries around the world, today the American model “marries” Italian style, metamorphosing into an exclusive top-range MPV in which Chrysler's journey expertise joins forces with that of Lancia in driving pleasure, the art of attention to detail and Italian design. The result is the Lancia new Voyager, the best Voyager ever which picks up where the Lancia Phedra left off to write another page in the history of this category.

Style

Available in three trim levels (Silver, Gold and Platinum) and two engine versions (the powerful, Euro 5-compliant 283 HP 3.6 petrol engine and the lively 163 HP 2.8 diesel, also Euro 5-compliant), Lancia new Voyager unveils a brand new front end featuring the grille emblazoned with the Lancia logo, wraparound front and rear fascias, light clusters with LED lights, large headlights with built-in fog lights in the front bumper. In addition, the sides sport the typical wheel arch design, while the slim pillars coupled with large windows guarantee excellent visibility. The car is equipped with rails and crossbars on the roof while the tailgate has been redesigned with a modern, functional look in order to optimise access to the interior. The original rear spoiler provides the finishing touch for the new MPV.

The benchmark in the segment of large MPVs, Lancia new Voyager is 5.14 metres long, 1.99 m wide, 1.72 m high on a wheelbase of approx. 3.1 metres. This impressive size is matched by a spacious, refined passenger compartment distinguished by quality materials and attention to detail, characteristics that have always been synonymous with Lancia. For example, depending on the trim level, the model comes with seats upholstered in fine fabric or top quality Nappa leather.

In an ideal world, space is once again an element that man can mould to suit his needs through a few simple, intuitive gestures: Stow ‘n Go® is the exclusive system which frees up all the space needed for passengers and their luggage, without having to remove any seats. This innovative configuration system includes seats which can be folded away into the floor panel to transform, with the utmost ease, the five comfortable seats of the second and third row into an ample load surface, suitable for all travel and work requirements. Also, if the seats are kept upright, the practical compartments in the floor panel can be used for storage. And again with maximum versatility in mind, the new car features sliding doors and tailgate (electrically operated) with a safety system for the detection of the presence of obstacles during closure (in this case, doors are opened again to avoid unfortunate accidents).

On-board technology

Synonymous with uncompromising choice (for the driver, but also for those who have the pleasure of being a passenger), Lancia new Voyager features the sophisticated Uconnect® Tunes multimedia entertainment system with Radio/CD/DVD/MP3/WMA, USB port, AUX input, 30GB hard-disk, touchscreen, plus a Bluetooth®-ready UConnect® device with voice commands and microphone built into the rear view mirror. Also included is the ParkView™ system with rear camera to view obstacles during parking. Available on request is UConnect® GPS, which adds satellite navigation with 2D and 3D bird's eye view maps and progressive route guidance.

The experience of travelling on board the Lancia new Voyager is completed by a nine-speaker audio system with subwoofer and 506 watt amplifier as well as an entertainment system with dual LCD screen DVD player for passengers in the middle and back rows. This particular deviceenables reproduction of two different media at the same time - chosen from many sources (radio, hard disk, AUX input, USB port, two RGB inputs and two DVD players) – on two 9” LCD screens complete with remote control and two-channel wireless headphones. In addition, adjustable LED roof lights, inspired by aeronautical design, enable light to be directed only where required.

Engines

Design and comfort are not the only fortes of the Lancia new Voyager. Sure enough, the model proposes two Euro5-compliant engines which enhance the dimension of travel, with engineering and performance coming together to deliver comfort beyond compare. The lively Diesel 2.8 CRD with particulate filter as standard delivers 163 HP and a torque of 360Nm, keeping fuel consumption low (8.4 l/100 km in the combined cycle), which translates into considerable journey range, while CO2 emissions are 227 g/km.

The second engine in the range is the 3.605 HP petrol model with 6 cylinders configured in a 60° V, which delivers 283 HP. Thrilling performance with fuel consumption of 12.3 l/100 km in the combined cycle. Note that the 283 HP 3.6 is combined with a 6-speed automatic gearbox with torque converter: this transmission offers closer spacing between the gears, limiting engine speed changes between the different transmission ratios and guaranteeing smoother engagements suited to all driving situations.

Safety

New Voyager is also at the cutting edge when it comes to safety features, as can be seen from the next-generation front airbags (both multi-stage), side window bags on the three rows of seats and side bags for shoulder and chest in the front row. Also available is an assisted parking system with the option of integrating a “rear back-up camera” with a screen showing a precise view of what is behind the vehicle during reversing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 11-13-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Funny....now both FIAT and VAG have a Chrysler Minivan Rebadged as their own...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

We had a Town & Country a couple of years ago as a rental in California for four adults with four big suitcases. As it had the lowest of V6s available, power was not there, but practicality was great. Unfortunately I think the car is too big for Europe.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Funny....now both FIAT and VAG have a Chrysler Minivan Rebadged as their own...
    It is a different situation though. Somehow VW was stupid enough to believe it made sense to rebadge the Voyager, while Fiat has bought Chrysler entirely, effectively killing pretty much everything that was left of Lancia...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It is a different situation though. Somehow VW was stupid enough to believe it made sense to rebadge the Voyager, while Fiat has bought Chrysler entirely, effectively killing pretty much everything that was left of Lancia...
    Agreed. I can't believe Fiat is replacing the whole Lancia line with crappy re-badged Chryslers. Yuck.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Ironically what this does mean is that Lancia is getting a production rear wheel drive car before Alfa Romeo.

It's still sad that one of the greatest car makers is being destroyed this way, though.
    Visca Catalunya!

Ironically what this does mean is that Lancia is getting a production rear wheel drive car before Alfa Romeo.

It's still sad that one of the greatest car makers is being destroyed this way, though.
    What does Fiat have to gain by saving Chrysler anyway?

I would have let Chrysler die. It nearly did once in the 80's and it should have died then.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    What does Fiat have to gain by saving Chrysler anyway?

I would have let Chrysler die. It nearly did once in the 80's and it should have died then.
    Synergies, economies of scale, access to expertise in market segments where they don't have it...

But most of all, a slice of one of the biggest car markets where they currently haven't mainstream presence.

I like Chrysler and Lancia. But I don't like Chryslancia.
    Visca Catalunya!

Seems a little wrong that the car badge that once graced the Stratos and the Delta and the Beta is now reduced to shoving out rebadged Chrysler products, which aren't all that great as Chryslers.

Somewhere, Vincenzo is weeping. Heritage trashed yet further...
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

...American model “marries” Italian style...
    I'd've used a different word...
    Last edited by pimento; 03-07-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: typo..
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Synergies, economies of scale, access to expertise in market segments where they don't have it...

But most of all, a slice of one of the biggest car markets where they currently haven't mainstream presence.

I like Chrysler and Lancia. But I don't like Chryslancia.
    In all honesty... it would have been better for Lancia if they had died way back before their reputation was completely destroyed. Few things are as painful as watching a once great manufacturer of soul-filled cars turn into a simple profit machine that produces only soulless, characterless people movers which only share their names whith the great products of the past.
    What Fiat is doing is simply a sacrilegue in my eyes. Lancia doesn't deserve this. It's better to let an old man die than to keep him alive by filling him with all sorts of drugs.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

I'm still gun-shy towards Chrysler after I nearly cut my hand on a poorly-finished seam coming out of a Sebring's e-brake.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

They're taking the piss, surely.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information