Thread: MP4-12C GT3 track debut, new HPD LMP1 racer, BMW 650i Coupe and Miura prototype ...

MP4-12C GT3 track debut, new HPD LMP1 racer, BMW 650i Coupe and Miura prototype ...

Shortly after McLaren announced the production version, testing has begun with the MP4-12C GT3. The car is under development by McLaren GT, which is a joint-venture of McLaren Automotive and racing team CRS Racing. The new competition car shares its basic structure with the road car but with changes made to electronics and aerodynamics to comply with the regulations and further improve the performance. The GT3 racer is expected to make its competition debut later in the year and it will become available to customers in 2012. Our good friend John Brooks was at the car's Silverstone debut and sent over this 12-shot gallery of the MP4-12C GT3 on track and in the pits. His blog, DoubleDeClutch.com, is packed with interesting insights and fabulous images from over three decades of sports car racing; highly recommended.
    On Saturday, the Sebring 12 Hours will kick off the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC) as well as the American Le Mans Series (ALMS). The 2009 and 2010 ALMS prototype champions, Highcroft Racing, will field this HPD ARX-01e. This the fifth development of the original Acura ARX-01 that debuted back in 2007 and actually started life as a Courage design. Built to LMP1 specifications, the ARX-01e will face off against the likes of Audi and Peugeot.
    Four months after revealing the drop-top version at the Los Angeles Auto Show, BMW have released the 650i Coupe. Mechanically the two cars are identical, so the fixed-head 6-series comes equipped with the sophisticated, turbocharged V8 engine and 8-speed automatic gearbox.
    Last week we featured this Lamborghini Miura SV Prototipo, which was headed for auction at Gooding's Amelia Island sale. After a fierce bidding war, it sold for a staggering $1.7 million; a new world record for a Miura. While researching the car we also came across this Miura P400 Prototipo. This is one of the first five Miura pre-production prototypes constructed and it was sold to the current owner directly from the factory back in 1967. Some of you may be more familiar with this particular car because of its presence in the Playstation game Gran Turismo 5.

Enjoy the links:

2011 BMW 650i Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information

2011 HPD ARX-01e - Images, Specifications and Information

1966 - 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400 Prototipo - Images, Specifications and Information

2011 McLaren MP4-12C GT3 - Images, Specifications and Information

DoubleDeClutch.com | The Right Stuff, The Wrong Way
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Interesting the Acura doesn't have the shark fin. I thought they were required for all prototypes this year or at least for all P1 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Interesting the Acura doesn't have the shark fin. I thought they were required for all prototypes this year or at least for all P1 cars.
    Only for newly homologated cars.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The McLaren looks ridiculously good
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I love the look of the 2011 McLaren MP4-12C GT3, i think the McLaren will make a great GT3 car.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information