Thread: 2011 MLB season

2011 MLB season

Hey guys, do we have any baseball fans here? If so, what is your favorite team and any predictions for this season?

I am a Minnesota Twins fan and I think we should be able to win the AL Central for a 3rd straight year and hopefully do something in the playoffs. Everybody always counts out the Twins, but we always find a way to win. One name to watch out for this year: Brian Duensing. He was very good for us last year, and I think he has the chance to be a legit #2 starter for us this year. Also, with Joe Nathan (one of the best closers in baseball) coming back, we will have much better pitching this year, last year we more relied on our hitting than pitching.

The Cubs are my favorite NL team too, but I think the NL Central will be between the Reds and Brewers this season. The Rockies and Oakland A's are my underdog picks for this year, but I am not even going to try to guess who will win the World Series because anything can happen in baseball.

What do you guys think?

Los Doyers!
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I watch a few games at the SkyDome (not Rogers Centre) a year - the Jays.

Jooooooose Bautistaaaaaaa!

We are opening against the Twinkies Lotec. My buddy is a Twins fan - he supports random teams in different leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I watch a few games at the SkyDome (not Rogers Centre) a year - the Jays.

Jooooooose Bautistaaaaaaa!

We are opening against the Twinkies Lotec. My buddy is a Twins fan - he supports random teams in different leagues.
    I actually think the Blue Jays will be very good this year, they have a lot of good young players and I hear their farm system is one of the best in MLB. I don't like the Yankees or Red Sox so I'm hoping the Jays can win about 90 games this year and be competitive.

Are there a lot of Twins fans in Canada? It kinda seems like it. Minnesota is the most like Canada of any US state - the scenery, the way people talk, etc

Seattle Mariners woo! haha they suck and they're be the doormat of the AL West again this year. The only bright spot is King Felix and his Cy Young award

Thread Information