Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Useless Car?

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    I was going to mention the Crosstour but I was running late for a work assignment so I didn't mention that. Good call. And I totally agree about putting an S2000 engine in a CR-Z, that'd be seriously fun, plus I wonder if it would be any lighter since you could remove the batteries or if it's be the same weight.
    Yes, someone did that with the old Insight. That must have been a hoot. On another side note, how come no one has stuck a rotary engine into a MX-5 yet? People stick V-8s in there all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Agreed. Its Eco version's mpg is not that great, and the "sport" mode delivers a whopping 122hp.. On top of that it has two seats so it isn't even practical.

A Civic will deliver the same performance, same mileage, and can carry 5 people... lol.
    Agreed. Honda needs a real wagon, not a 2 crossovers.

A USDM Accord sized wagon would do nicely. Preferably I'd also like a Civic wagon too, but at that point I think I'm asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    It actually can accommodate 4 people, depending on your meaning of "to accommodate".

Any over powered pretentind to be sporty SUV should be on that list. By over powered I mean with over 200/250 bhp and a petrol engine.
    No it can't, the back seats are two shelves for baby seats in the US model. I don't know which retard decided to ditch the back seats, but it certainly won't help sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I think the USDM is only available with two seats. And in any case I don't think it could be called pointless at all. Maybe not good, but certainly not pointless.
    It certainly rules out the car for me, even if I were to be remotely interested there's no way I'd buy a car that'd only seat 2 adults and two midgets.

But why Honda made the stupid Crosstour a hatchback crossover instead of a proper hatchback sedan is beyond me. I'd more than welcome a hatchback sedan, they've done it properly in the past. See attached image.

And screw pedestrian crash safety standards, if they can't get out of the car's way fast enough, pop up headlights are the least of your worries.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 03-19-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    It actually can accommodate 4 people, depending on your meaning of "to accommodate".
    The one that I saw at the Dealer had only 2 seats, not sure if that's a US-only thing.

Either way, a Civic has more power, more trunk/seating space, and even retails for less. The CR-Z truly fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    The one that I saw at the Dealer had only 2 seats, not sure if that's a US-only thing.

Either way, a Civic has more power, more trunk/seating space, and even retails for less. The CR-Z truly fails.
    It is a US-only thing.

However, in my opinion, and as I have said several times in the past, judging this car by the figures is missing the point of the car. The point of the car is behind its concept, which could just be the future for fun cars.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

another tread where the X1,X3,X5,X6 and other clones can reach very high scores.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Nissan Vogue. Too small to be of any use, another stupid crossover. And the Nissan Murano convertible. We didn't ask for it, nor do we need it.

I would think the Subaru Baja. It's too small to be a truck and too large to be a car. You don't really have a large payload and it's down-right ugly. And it had the off-road capabilities of a wheelchair.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    another tread where the X1,X3,X5,X6 and other clones can reach very high scores.
    All SUVs for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Nissan Vogue. Too small to be of any use, another stupid crossover. And the Nissan Murano convertible. We didn't ask for it, nor do we need it.
    Bonus points for that for being pointless vehicle amongst a family of pointless transportation devices.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Ferrari FF yet. An AWD, 612 hp, shooting break that can drive through sand and snow and carry 4 company CEO's doesn't make much sense to me. If I have the money to spend on a Ferrari it most certainly won't be that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yes, someone did that with the old Insight. That must have been a hoot. On another side note, how come no one has stuck a rotary engine into a MX-5 yet? People stick V-8s in there all the time.
    A german tuner named Hansa did it. Not sure how it's called, but it was featured in quite a few magazines a year ago.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Ferrari FF yet. An AWD, 612 hp, shooting break that can drive through sand and snow and carry 4 company CEO's doesn't make much sense to me. If I have the money to spend on a Ferrari it most certainly won't be that thing.
    Jeez, Ferrari FF... Exactly how petty minded can you people get?

I mean the only useless type of car I can think of is the one without wheels. That's it.

Strictly speaking, anything over 200bhp is pointless, we just like them because we like to drive. Singling out the FF is kinda silly at that point. Certainly it makes more sense to take on a skiing holiday than a Koenigsegg Agera with a box on the top.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Strictly speaking, anything over 200bhp is pointless, we just like them because we like to drive. Singling out the FF is kinda silly at that point. Certainly it makes more sense to take on a skiing holiday than a Koenigsegg Agera with a box on the top.
    A 500 hp armored government sedan isn't pointless .
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Well, it would be nice if it was.

Also, I'd say the majority of commuters would be better off on a motorbike.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Yeah but that's about the only thing it would make sense for and i would rather take the Koenigsegg for shits and giggles anyway because you could also drive the Koenigsegg on weekend cruises and still have more fun than the Ferrari. I don't know but one trip with the Ferrari seems like would be enough, it'd get old after that because all you really have is an ugly 4 seat sedan when you'd be dreaming of the awesome 458 you could have bought instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    A 500 hp armored government sedan isn't pointless .
    Our (embarrassment) Prime Minister received an armored Maserati Quattroporte a while ago. He rarely uses that. Proof we need a new PM

For as regards Revo's comment, presently the most useful car is the one I don't have, actually. I can find a few spare wheels.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information