Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Useless Car?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Yeah but that's about the only thing it would make sense for and i would rather take the Koenigsegg for shits and giggles anyway because you could also drive the Koenigsegg on weekend cruises and still have more fun than the Ferrari. I don't know but one trip with the Ferrari seems like would be enough, it'd get old after that because all you really have is an ugly 4 seat sedan when you'd be dreaming of the awesome 458 you could have bought instead.
    I'd say most FF buyers could afford the 458 as well. Personally I like the idea of a fast four-seater, especially if I have other toys to play with. Also I don't think the FF is ugly, 'cept for the silly grinning facia.

Back on point though, a 4 seater GT car that can be used in any weather is surely less useless than a 2 seater hypercar. Less fun too, for sure, but that's not the point of the thread.

Oh, and I'm going to add in the HSV Utes as useless. A ute with a 300kg payload rating? Nuh-uh, foo. My old mini was rated at that...
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Nissan Vogue. Too small to be of any use, another stupid crossover. And the Nissan Murano convertible. We didn't ask for it, nor do we need it.
    Forgot about the Murano convert. That thing is horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo
    I mean the only useless type of car I can think of is the one without wheels. That's it.
    While that is a very fair point, I would say that while yes, any automobile with wheels is useful, I would say that there are cars, that serve no purpose beyond that or that there would be better alternatives to than that. So for example, someone who wants an FF could get a Volvo C30 and have a similar car, just with a few less horses, or they could buy an Aston Rapide or Porsche Panamera and get very similar vehicles but with two more doors.

And yes, this is slippery slope where any car could be rendered useless but I think that there are some more useless than most.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Our (embarrassment) Prime Minister received an armored Maserati Quattroporte a while ago. He rarely uses that. Proof we need a new PM
    What a waste!

Also, you are totally right.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    What a waste!

Also, you are totally right.
    A sister car was donated to the President as well, which regularly uses it.

On a similar note, the Pope was donated with the Lancia Dialogos Concept (Thesis' concept) and a Ferrari F1 car from the eighties. He doesn't use both.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

You know, it's funny to me kind of that no one has mentioned the Porsche GT3 or Ariel Atom or the Caparo T1. I guess that's how you know this is a car enthusiasts forum. We see function in cars with no rear seats, no a/c, no windscreen even yet we're ready to bash cars that seat 4 or 5 comfortably but since they guzzle gas and weigh more than Rhode Island we hate them.

A GT3 RS or Atom is very good at its intended purpose, there is usually a better choice available when someone buys a SUV, and a GT3 is actually a pretty handy all purpose tool.. just ask clutch.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

As a sport utulity vehicle, each representative of this category fails on:

- being properly sporty (it may be good for a 3 tons tank, wonder how good it could be with half the weight)

- being useful (no offroad capability, mildly good on-road comfort, not so large truck)

- being accepted as a proper vehicle.

So yes, a 911 GT3 may not be so comfortable as an everyday car, or for your weekly visit to the groceries store, but it's damn good at what it was made for. Track-days, and not only that.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Yeah, I was just playing devil's advocate for a little. It is interesting when you point out that an SUV can be bad at it's purpose (off-road capability, trying to be sporty) but track cars almost always hit their mark. Plus, as pimento points out there are better alternatives to most SUVs but if you want a track day car, there's only a handful that will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    A sister car was donated to the President as well, which regularly uses it.

On a similar note, the Pope was donated with the Lancia Dialogos Concept (Thesis' concept) and a Ferrari F1 car from the eighties. He doesn't use both.
    Lulz for the image of the Pope in full regalia driving a Ferrari F1.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

I think no cars are useless as all cars are made by most reputed brands may be the concept of some cars are not as good as others.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianDrives View Post
    I think no cars are useless as all cars are made by most reputed brands may be the concept of some cars are not as good as others.
    I agree with you Indian drives...
    Every companies manufactures car because several reason like competition,customer needs etc.so no cars are useless

Pontiac Aztek because it looked like a deformed reptile. While it provided some decent passenger/cargo space, it was an embrassment for GM design.

Quote Originally Posted by AMGRoadster View Post
    Pontiac Aztek because it looked like a deformed reptile. While it provided some decent passenger/cargo space, it was an embrassment for GM design.
    The Aztek wasn't useless. It was horribly ugly, but it had pretty useful boot space.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by AMGRoadster View Post
    You'd be surprised, the people who bought them are amongst the happiest owners of them all.

It was a very useful car, just a hideous looking one.

I still stick by my most useless car- the Nissan Murano convertible.

Chevy SSR? Expensive "sports" pickup that I never see anyone haul anything with, nor is it really that fast....

Why no Aussie style "ute" for US now is beyond me...El Camino is incredibly popular in car shows...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information