Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Close call...

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    ^^ hmm advanced driving schools say you can avoid these things
    ( I know I was being told when doing bike advanced rider training with police trainers the many things I missed to do to ride safer )

In this case, pay attention to the road ahead.
    Leave sufficient gap to see ahead of the lead vehicle of any possible dangers.
    Leave sufficient gap to respond to potential dangers.
    observe, obserce, observe.
    Thatīs so true, you have to pay attension and look as far ahead as you can. And not texting of playing around with the smartphone, really helps too

Having said that though --- as I argued with an Edinburgh police rider on one of my 1-1 regarding a pot hole --- you cant possibly see something so small so far away. His response ? Well I did and that is down to training and observation. Lost the argument at that point, swallowed my pride and listened more closely to their advice
    Canīt win them all hehe.

But in this case my view is still "shit happens"
    Agreed.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

That is scary stuff, it can be hard to avoid flying debris at 65+ mph, so it's always good to leave an extra gap. I've heard of this stuff happening before and I am paranoid of it happening to me. I can't imagine how scary that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    That is scary stuff, it can be hard to avoid flying debris at 65+ mph, so it's always good to leave an extra gap. I've heard of this stuff happening before and I am paranoid of it happening to me. I can't imagine how scary that would be.
    The possiblity of it happening can be scary. But there is no sence in feeling paraniod about it. Driving in itself is full of risks, but if you worry too much, itīll take away from the enjoyment of driving all of us in UCP feel.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    The possiblity of it happening can be scary. But there is no sence in feeling paraniod about it. Driving in itself is full of risks, but if you worry too much, itīll take away from the enjoyment of driving all of us in UCP feel.
    Well yeah, maybe paranoid isn't the right word, but occasionally on the interstate if I'm following behind a big truck I think of something like that. I still enjoy driving and I don't see that fading away anytime soon.

^^ hmm advanced driving schools say you can avoid these things

In this case, pay attention to the road ahead.
    Leave sufficient gap to see ahead of the lead vehicle of any possible dangers.
    Leave sufficient gap to respond to potential dangers.
    observe, obserce, observe.
    Yep, it’s the difference between operating the car and driving. But driving is such a common activity (despite the complexity that we take for granted) that we get complacent and occasionally compromise our safety.

But in this case my view is still "shit happens"
    It’s a jungle out there…

Ironic that these two were putting themselves in danger by driving inappropriately close while sanctimonious filming others poor driving habits.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    Ironic that these two were putting themselves in danger by driving inappropriately close while sanctimonious filming others poor driving habits.
    I call it kharma
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information