Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 106

Thread: Hyundai versus Kia

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rudolstadt/ Thuringia
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Actually the base petrol i30 is suprisingly thirsty in demanding use.
    So is almost every single base-engined small/compact car. The basic engines mostly have no power and need masses of fuel.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

    Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    So is almost every single base-engined small/compact car. The basic engines mostly have no power and need masses of fuel.
    Indeed. It is not a problem of the little Hyundai. Which considering its heritage, is a suprisingly good little car, this.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rudolstadt/ Thuringia
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Indeed. It is not a problem of the little Hyundai. Which considering its heritage, is a suprisingly good little car, this.
    btw, i know this should belong into the fuel economy thread, but how much does petrol cost where you live right now? We've hit 1.70/l yesterday. At that point, I've decided that it's better to use my bike for everything I have to do in a radius of 10 km. So damn annoying -.-*
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

    Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,334
    1,54€/l for 98. Spent 93€ for a full tank on friday.

    I'm even considering selling the muscle car for a small diesel hatch.

    That's how bad it is. Pieter will be pleased I guess.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    1,54€/l for 98. Spent 93€ for a full tank on friday.

    I'm even considering selling the muscle car for a small diesel hatch.

    That's how bad it is. Pieter will be pleased I guess.
    If you want fuel economy and still want some h/p get a v8 turbo diesel. you can get 40 mpg with one of those! and if you get a smaller turbo diesel saloon even better!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    So do I.

    As an aside, I have noticed that this conversation is turning into a gangbang.

    I am busting out the popcorn and a cigar.
    Mind if I join you?

    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,104
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Mind if I join you?

    Bandwidth exceeded! Upgade to Pro today!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,334
    Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    If you want fuel economy and still want some h/p get a v8 turbo diesel. you can get 40 mpg with one of those! and if you get a smaller turbo diesel saloon even better!
    I doubt I can get 6l/100km from those with my use. Well maybe with some turbo diesel saloons. But I probably can't afford those.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I doubt I can get 6l/100km from those with my use. Well maybe with some turbo diesel saloons. But I probably can't afford those.
    I think the Audi A8 is quoted at 39mpg and that is a pretty powerful engine. you could go smaller than that and still be doing pretty good. unfortunately in america we don't have as many diesel cars to chose from

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Fernando Valley, Calif.
    Posts
    6,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    So do I.

    As an aside, I have noticed that this conversation is turning into a gangbang.

    I am busting out the popcorn and a cigar.
    How long have you been smoking cigars?
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,334
    Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    I think the Audi A8 is quoted at 39mpg and that is a pretty powerful engine. you could go smaller than that and still be doing pretty good. unfortunately in america we don't have as many diesel cars to chose from
    Yes but those are the official manufacturer figures. In real usage they can vary quite a lot.

    For instance, even if my Audi has an official worse fuel consumption figure than our Hyundai, with my usage (which is about 70% motorway at 160-170km/h cruising speed, 25% normal roads and 5% city driving) the Audi nets (slitghly) better figures than the Hyundai.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Yes but those are the official manufacturer figures. In real usage they can vary quite a lot.

    For instance, even if my Audi has an official worse fuel consumption figure than our Hyundai, with my usage (which is about 70% motorway at 160-170km/h cruising speed, 25% normal roads and 5% city driving) the Audi nets (slitghly) better figures than the Hyundai.
    I'm going to have to agree with you there. I tested out my '93 bmw 525i which was rated at 26mpg hw

    noted: Fuel Economy of the 1993 BMW 525i

    I reset my mpg readout on the car and drove an hour up and down hils with windy roads, through small towns and on county highways and AVERAGED 32.7 mpg. This was with about 10G of petrol in the car. So it can be done. However that was driving the speedlimit and not putting my foot down. My normal average driving MPG for that car was around 22 and that was with driving mostly around town.
    Last edited by FastDriver; 05-01-2011 at 05:11 PM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Yes but those are the official manufacturer figures. In real usage they can vary quite a lot.

    For instance, even if my Audi has an official worse fuel consumption figure than our Hyundai, with my usage (which is about 70% motorway at 160-170km/h cruising speed, 25% normal roads and 5% city driving) the Audi nets (slitghly) better figures than the Hyundai.
    What are other drivers' speed when you are going 160-170?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    How long have you been smoking cigars?
    Just since I started reading this thread.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What are other drivers' speed when you are going 160-170?
    Depends. I'm overtaken sometimes. But I would say that the average for cars is about 140km/h.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gran Turismo 5
    By Sauc3 in forum Gaming
    Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 03:16 PM
  2. Hyundai Genesis vs. Kia Amanti
    By MBMaybach in forum Car comparison
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 06:18 PM
  3. Kia Cerato
    By dracu777 in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 01:47 PM
  4. Kia KCV4 Mojave Concept
    By dracu777 in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 11:41 AM
  5. Hyundai HCD8 Concept
    By dracu777 in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 05:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •