Thread: Unique Lamborghini and Ferrari, and rare Ford GT headed for auction ...

Unique Lamborghini and Ferrari, and rare Ford GT headed for auction ...

This weekend's RM Auctions Villa d'Este sale promises to be one of the most spectacular of the year; the estimates average well into the seven figures in most major denominations. The star lots include a selection of six legendary show cars offered directly from the Bertone collection. Among them is the unique Lamborghini Marzal. Originally launched at the 1967 Geneva Motor Show, it is effectively a four-seater version of the Miura but with more futuristic styling and the only six cylinder engine ever built by Lamborghini. It would go on to inspire the design of the Espada production car, which was introduced a year later and remained in production for a decade. RM estimate that the Marzal could sell for anywhere between 1 and 1.8 million Euro.
    Challenging the Talbot Lago Teardrop featured last week for the top seller of the auction will most certainly be this Ferrari 375 MM with a one-off Pinin Farina body. The achingly beautiful machine was restored to the highest standards nearly a decade ago and has since won awards at almost every major show in the world. We captured the fabulous Berlinetta Sport Speciale in great detail back in 2005.
    Another interesting lot is the Ford GT Roadster with chassis number GT/111. A veteran of the 1965 Targa Florio and Le Mans Trials, this rare machine was long believed to be lost but its remains finally reappeared in a shed in London during construction work for the upcoming Olympics. The car was meticulously restored and subsequently raced at prestigious events like the Goodwood Revival and Le Mans Classic by the vendor. Our article also includes shots of a sister car, which is one of the most original early Ford GTs remaining today.
    A full report from the highly anticipated auction and of course the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este will follow early next week.

Enjoy the links:

1955 Ferrari 375 MM Pinin Farina Berlinetta Sport Speciale - Images, Specifications and Information

1965 Ford GT Roadster - Images, Specifications and Information

1967 Lamborghini Marzal - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

i really love this photo:
    Ford GT Roadster - High Resolution Image (6 of 24)

i just want to jump into and drive it through some nice coastal roads (- with lots of tunnels)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Very nice cars, i too especially love the Ford GT Roadster.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

I always think it would be weird owning something like the Marzal. There was only ever one, so you know that every photo that's ever existed of the car is your actual car. You could trace its history through photos. It's just weird.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    This weekend's RM Auctions Villa d'Este sale promises to be one of the most spectacular of the year
    Yes, I confirm that. It has been one of the best auction that I've never seen!

According to me who has bought the prototype Lancia Stratos Zero has doing a big affair! =O

Finally, however, the best sold it has been the 375 MM! Great car! =D
    -> www.caldicarphoto.com (new photos every day!=D)

Thread Information