Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kei cars.

true, but there is slow, and then there is so slow it's no longer fun..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    The last picture is a Mitsuoka Himiko which is a coachbuilt Miata.
    thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Driving a fast car fast is easy. Driving a slow car fast takes a lot of skill and is very rewarding.
    well your entitled to think that of course, but thats really just a nice way of viewing "living without"

the guy punting the large HP car thru the corners isnt getting less reward than you - but every time he pushes the throttle down hes getting more

ill always be a fan of small cars / hot hatches - but never of weak powerbands

I'm not saying you can't enjoy a fast car, of course you can. But it's easy to go fast in them, even if you aren't world champion. There's power everywhere, which means that to go faster you just push the throttle a bit more. And since they have more speed it's less important to know what gear you are in, because it'll pull pretty much in any revs.

However in a slow car, paying attention to how you drive is much more important if you want to move at a decent pace. You've got to keep the engine in the sweet spot and you have to use the gearbox for that. You also have to keep momentum and brake as little as possible, because regaining speed is difficult and a slow process. So you have to use handling, grip and low weight to your advantage.

In my opinion the latter can be more rewarding than the former.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yep having competed in everything from a 34hp Herald (and that was when new, so 50 years on is anyeons guess ) upwards the BIG thing less power does is make you much more conscious of planning a series of corners and concentrating on balance to ensure max speed to apex.

Otherwise it becomes an EVO/Scooby point-and-squirt route to win ... too easy and boring
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    last one :-)

Got to admit, thats pretty cool. I distinctly remember seeing a Vivio when I was younger and being quite ecstatic because I had one on Gran Turismo 2 :/

Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

kei car parts

Does anyone know where consumable parts can found for Keijidosha autos in the us? Par example, beforward.com will sell something like a 1989 Nissan Poa, and they even supply hard parts (engines, gearboxes, undercarriage components). This vehicle uses a Bosch N3 oil filter. This is not available on Bosch's website, nor are any cross reference numbers at us parts stores. Where would I find this or equivalent filters?

Quote Originally Posted by nissan pao View Post
    Does anyone know where consumable parts can found for Keijidosha autos in the us? Par example, beforward.com will sell something like a 1989 Nissan Poa, and they even supply hard parts (engines, gearboxes, undercarriage components). This vehicle uses a Bosch N3 oil filter. This is not available on Bosch's website, nor are any cross reference numbers at us parts stores. Where would I find this or equivalent filters?

You may have better luck searching for parts for the equivalent Nissan March that it was based off on. They were also sold in Canada with a 1.2L engine so it may be worth your time going down that route or importing from the UK.

Be careful, because sometimes you'll find parts changes through the years & such as I learned when I found out Volvo routed the battery to the other side of the car at some point in the '80s...
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information