Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There's A Reason BMW Drivers Are Stereotyped As Pricks!

it seems that in many countries Audi drivers have taken over the traditional role of the BMW driver as "prick of the motorway" Our country is no different, and judging from where I drive in Europe, it is no different in neighbouring countries as well.
    Last edited by henk4; 05-29-2011 at 11:22 PM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I guess it does have something to do with the 'rich' person mind or personality. some studies say that 'rich' people tend to be more centered around themselfs (egotistical?) ence the particular behaviour seen in thoose highend car drivers.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

The problem is that many of those pricks aren't that rich.

I'd say that this behaviour goes down the bigger and more expensive the german car is.

I mean, an A3 driver will probably be more prone to tailgating than an A8L driver.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The problem is that many of those pricks aren't that rich.

I'd say that this behaviour goes down the bigger and more expensive the german car is.

I mean, an A3 driver will probably be more prone to tailgating than an A8L driver.
    yes, but with the drivers of the Q models (and the X-models for BMW) it is exactly the opposite.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It is indeed a much more mixed bag.

Don't want to be (too) elitist, but an oversimplified analysis could focus on the new money v old money relating to more tailgating v less tailgating.
    Visca Catalunya!

It is indeed a much more mixed bag.

Don't want to be (too) elitist, but an oversimplified analysis could focus on the new money v old money relating to more tailgating v less tailgating.
    it may sound oversimplified, but I think it is spot-on.

... and the tendency of old money to skew M-B? M-B sedan owners seem to be the least douchey of the trifecta of German luxury manufacturers.

I would say also, based on my highly unscientific analysis, that Benzes also have the lowest average motorway speed compared to the other two posh Germans.

That could also be related to being nicer on the road.
    Visca Catalunya!

The stereotypical d-bag around here rocks an ill-coloured E46 M3 convertible.

I would say also, based on my highly unscientific analysis, that Benzes also have the lowest average motorway speed compared to the other two posh Germans.

That could also be related to being nicer on the road.
    Mercs aren't as prone to idiots as BMW and Audi are, maybe because of their reputation. Audi desperately wants to be cool (and has suceeded here), and BMW always had a sporty image. Mercedes' marketing is more focused on class and less on sport/ youth which probably helps them a lot.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

I wonder if we would change in road maners being given a top BMW or Audi?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

The MB drivers have toned down quite a bit in my experiences on the road. They're just basically driving their very modern-looking C-Classes very carefully...
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Many Merc drivers around here are still pretty terrible, but in a different way.. useless rather than aggressive drivers.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

To many people Ducs are very exclusive. In small town Penticton where I'm from, my bike was like a mythical beast that people weren't sure if they'd seen or not. No word of a lie, I walked into this custom bike shop where they typically work on Harleys, and the business owner says to me "whoa, we were wondering if and when you were going to walk in here. People all over town have been talking about your bike!" That comment gave me wood.

Thread Information