Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Citroen DS5

The Citroen DS5

So what do you guys think about the DS5. It a glims of citreon being posh and i think they have done a realy good job. I realy like it, i love the look and the inside look realy well set out and very posh and i think the inside compeates with Audi's.

Citroen-DS5_2012_800x600_wallpaper_0a.jpg Citroen-DS5_2012_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg Citroen-DS5_2012_800x600_wallpaper_06.jpg
    Here some info from "netcarshow"

Citroën has revealed the eagerly anticipated third model in its innovative and distinctive DS line: Citroën DS5. Designed to express the full extent of Citroën's 'Créative Technologie', Citroën DS5 combines ground-breaking style, rewarding driving dynamics and exceptional refinement with innovative engineering solutions.
    Citroën DS5 is the first Citroën model to feature HYbrid4 diesel hybrid technology, providing enhanced performance and class leading environmental credentials. The advanced HYbrid4 system delivers 200bhp; four-wheel drive capability; emission-free electric power for the city; and an acceleration boost function for the open road - with total CO2 emissions of just 99g/km.
    The DS line has already redefined expectations in the supermini segment with DS3, and combines the style of a coupé and the flexibility of a five-door hatchback with DS4. Progressing to the executive segment, Citroën DS5 targets customers looking for a truly bold and assertive car with a resolutely modern approach to vehicle design.
    Based on the futuristic and magical C-SportLounge concept, DS5 bringstrue technological innovation to its class.
    The dynamic exterior reflects a modern expression of status and promises enhanced driving pleasure. Flowing lines, a sleek profile and muscular wheel arches - which wrap themselves around the large (16" to 19") alloy wheels - give Citroën DS5 an undoubted air of refined confidence.

The assertive front end instantly identifies Citroën DS5 as a member of the DS family. There is an oversized air intake, a large chrome-finished grille housing the chevrons and a new LED light signature. A distinguishing feature, DS5 boasts chrome-finished 'sabre' inserts stretching from the top of each headlamp to the windscreen.
    The rear design takes Citroën DS5's on-road presence to yet another level. The car stands firmly on wide tracks, emphasised by two tail pipes built into the rear bumper and highlighted by a rear signature featuring six light guides.
    Citroën DS5 is equally charismatic inside, with a remarkable cabin fully consistent with the exterior styling. The driver-focused cockpit features a coupé-like driving position with a near-vertical steering wheel and a wide central console. Citroën DS5 instantly fires the imagination. An array of buttons, switches, scroll wheels and toggles are grouped on two central consoles, one low down and one above the driver's head, 'pilot-style'. A simple push on the START button brings the interior to life. The colour Head-Up Display projects essential information into the driver's line of sight and the ambient lighting bathes the cockpit in a heady mix of red and white.
    Most importantly, Citroën DS5 benefits from Citroën's expertise in quality and refinement. Each detail has been carefully considered, with premium materials such as fine-grain Club leather and exclusive designs like the 'watchstrap' seat upholstery - a signature touch of the DS line that is unique to the market.
    Reconciling fun at the wheel with comfort and practicality, Citroën DS5 opens up new horizons with pioneering architecture, including:
    • A sleek, compact body (4.52m long, 1.85m wide) and a driving position worthy of a Gran Turismo coupé.
    • A roomy boot (up to 465 litres VDA) reminiscent of a Sportwagon.
    • Five real seats, four doors and all the access and modularity of a hatchback.
    For its motor show debut in Shanghai, DS5 appears in a one-off livery as the Citroën DS5 White Pearl. The cabin features ebony-coloured full-grain leather, contrasting subtly with silver-flecked overstitching. Interior detailing includes decorative inserts in Markassa ebony and a highly reflective fascia, created by applying several layers of lacquer. Citroën DS5 White Pearl also sports specially designed 20-inch alloy wheels

http://www.netcarshow.com/citroen/2012-ds5/
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

It needs the V6 diesel. Or the old V6 petrol (do they still make it...?).

I like the concept. I hope roadholding is up to the promise.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

If this really is the new DS5, then the C5 will be a hatch-back style car!?
    No more classic sedans from Citroen.
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

Yes i agree, It look great so let hope the engine and roadholding is a good, it would be a shame if they let it down.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

I don't get where it fits into their range?

it needs a proper suspension system...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Surely, it'll have the option at least.

Or is it based on the C4 platform?
    Visca Catalunya!

Surely, it'll have the option at least.

Or is it based on the C4 platform?
    Peugeot 5008 platform....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Oh, sad.

Still I'd like to give it a try.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Peugeot 5008 platform....
    You can see that inside, althought it's like a much improved inside.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I read that the pug 5008 quite good at cornering for what it is and it has litle body role. I don't think that it's such a bad thing that the DS5 shaires it's platform.
    — Jeremy Clarkson

The only bad thing being that the ride will be too harsh, and it will not have the comfort it should have, being a big Citroen.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    I read that the pug 5008 quite good at cornering for what it is and it has litle body role. I don't think that it's such a bad thing that the DS5 shaires it's platform.
    once you have experienced a real Citroen I think your judgement will change significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    If this really is the new DS5, then the C5 will be a hatch-back style car!?
    No more classic sedans from Citroen.
    Have they aver built a classic sedan? Most of their cars were hatchbacks...

I have high hopes for this one. Citroen should better not screw up.
    Still waiting for a SM sucessor, though. Bring on the DS6.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    once you have experienced a real Citroen I think your judgement will change significantly.
    I know the Citroens are very very good ride, but i've read some reviews about the DS5 and they said the ride is not too much of a problem. Also it a DS Citroen, DS Citroens are meant to be a bit more sporty so the ride will be a bit more hard being more sporty, but i do know what you mean about other citroens being a much better ride.
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information